PROFESSIONAL - CAMPUS/LIFT 6 MATH TEACHING FELLOWDate Posted:
BAMMEL MS Days per Year:
$45,000 JOB TITLE:
LIFT 6 Math Teaching Fellow REPORTS TO:
Campus Principal WAGE/HOUR STATUS:
Exempt PRIMARY PURPOSE:
As one of the most integral parts of the LIFT 6 Program, Math Teaching Fellows have many important responsibilities including, preparing exciting instructional activities that allow students an opportunity to masker key skills, routinely monitoring students' performance, tracking student achievement data. Math Teaching Fellows will accomplish these tasks by collaborating with the Math Interventionist and a team of LIFT 6 Math Teaching Fellows to ensure each student is on track for success, partnering with families to support students' progress and enforcing school and district rules and policies.
Math Teaching Fellows work full-time for an entire year with benefits before going on to further their own education, lead Spring ISD classrooms or pursue careers in public service. They build strong relationships with a cohort of students and leverage those relationships to increase student engagement and achievement in mathematics. Math Teaching Fellows follow structured lesson plans using district curriculum and plan activities that help to fill in academic gaps and support grade level instruction and work with small groups of no more than eight (8) students at a time. Math Teaching Fellows receive program-wide professional development as well as targeted individual coaching and development from workforce development.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support organizational goals, communicate in a clear and respectful manner, championing the needs of our students and drive continuous improvement.QUALIFICATIONS:
Preferred: SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Math or Science from and accredited college or university
- Demonstrated proficiency in mathematics
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- In-depth knowledge of state curricular standards as written, taught and assessed
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Excellent skills in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Uses research-based pedagogy and engagement strategies to deliver instruction to support scholar learning and development.
- Participates in Data Driven Action Planning (DDAP) meetings and adjust instruction according to the data.
- Tracks scholar performance and adjust practices to ensure improvement.
- Reviews the district's curriculum and resources.
- Participates in core content development during Learning PLCs to build core content teachers that provide instruction in subjects tested through state assessments.
- Maintains evidence of scholar learning and progress for state standards.
- Facilitates goal setting with scholars and communicates weekly progress to scholars, teachers and parents.
- Participates in all district trainings throughout the school year and during the summer.
- Safeguards the confidentiality of all documentation provided or generated.
- Engages with core content teachers that provide instruction in subjects tested through state assessments.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: physical mobility, standing, prolonged sitting, some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling. This position will require traveling within the district.
Mental demands: ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations; ability to interpret a variety of data; ability to interpret TEC and policy; ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory, ability to be effective in both oral and written communication; ability to maintain emotional control under stress.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
This position is funded by Federal/and or State grants, you understand that your employment is expressly conditioned on the availability of full funding for the position. If full funding becomes unavailable, your employment is subject to termination or nonrenewal, or reassignment as applicable.