PARAPROFESSIONAL - CAMPUS (CERTIFIED)/AIDE-PREKINDERGARTENDate Posted:
BOOKER ES JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE:
Elementary School REPORTS TO:
Principal WAGE/HOUR STATUS:
Nonexempt PAY GRADE:
Para 1 MINIMUM
: $18,476 DAYS
: 187 PRIMARY PURPOSE
The Teacher Pre-kindergarten Aide will assist in the supervision and instruction of pre-kindergarten students.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support and demonstrate our core values, communicate in a clear and respectful manner and seek to continuously improve self-performance and processes.
- High School diploma or GED and meet one of the following qualifications:
- Associate's Degree (or higher); or
- Completion of 48 semester hours at an accredited institution of higher education; or
- Obtained an academic assessment from a previous school district meeting a rigorous standard of quality
- Educational Aide II Certificate (or be willing to obtain)
- One+ years experience working with children
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Ability to work well with children
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Proficient in computer skills
- Assist teacher with implementation of lesson plans.
- Maintain classroom equipment, student files and records.
- Assist in monitoring individual students, classroom and/or playground activities.
- Perform record keeping, scheduling, and copying.
- Assist in administering tests to evaluate students' progress.
- Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Help maintain neat and orderly classroom.
- Participate in staff development and faculty meetings as assigned.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The usual and customary methods of performing this job require the following:
Job may require prolonged periods of time sitting, moderate standing, stooping, bending, reaching and repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer. Ability to maintain emotional control under stress. May require some lifting no more than 10lbs. Overtime is required as necessary.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.