ADMIN BLDG 1 (GMA)Days Per Year:
$43,435 JOB TITLE:
Technician I - Audio Video Support REPORTS TO:
Campus Support Manager WAGE/HOUR STATUS:
The Technician I / Event Audio Video Support provides support for all hardware, software and infrastructure at high school, middle school and elementary campuses. In addition, the position will provide Audio/Visual and technology support to District special events.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support organizational goals, communicate in a clear and respectful manner, championing the needs of our students and drive continuous improvement. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
- Two years' experience with personal computers using Windows operating systems, Chrome, Google Apps for Education, and Microsoft Office
- Reliable transportation for traveling to assignments within the Spring ISD district
- Willing to work nights and weekends to support district special events
- Four years' experience with network and desktop administration
- Experience using ServiceNow
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Broad knowledge of computer hardware and software applications
- Ability to detect, analyze and resolve technical or technology related problems
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot Audio Video equipment
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Support staff and students in a centralized call center
- Support hardware, software and network connections at schools and administration buildings
- Consult with customers on AV requirements
- Provide A/V and technology support for district special events
- Install end user hardware, software, and upgrade
- Assist end users to resolve problems with hardware and software
- Assist in the deployment and support for hardware and software
- Assist in major computer projects
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems
- Complete work orders and enter resolution in the work order management system
- Direct the work of student helpers
- Provide support to Campus Technology Specialists
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: physical mobility, standing, prolonged sitting and use of a computer, some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling. This position will also require traveling within the district. Mental demands: Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations; Interface with all levels of leadership, dynamic environment with changing priorities and occasional irregular hours. Ability to be effective in both oral and written communication and the ability to maintain emotional control under stress.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
For more information on this position, please read the full description document.