PROFESSIONAL-WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT/SPECIALIST-INSTRUCT TECHNOLOGY Date Posted:
ADMIN BLDG 1 (GMA)Days per Year:
$85,460 JOB TITLE
: Specialist-Instructional Technology REPORTS TO:
Director-Instructional Technology WAGE/HOUR STATUS
: Exempt PAY GRADE:
AI 2 PRIMARY PURPOSE:
Instructional Technology Specialist will assist teachers in elementary, middle and high schools to enhance learning through improved integration of technology. The primary focus of the Instructional Technology Specialist is to enrich and support teaching and learning while strengthening the technology skills of students, teachers and staff. The Instructional Technology Specialist will assist classroom teachers in the incorporation of technological hardware and software into the lesson plan.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support organizational goals, communicate in a clear and respectful manner, championing the needs of our students and drive continuous improvement. QUALIFICATIONS: Required:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Three years job related experience
- Master's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Valid Teacher certification
- Five years classroom experience
- Experience coaching teachers
MAJOR RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES:
- Strong technology skills in up-to-date computer software, including word processing, database, spreadsheet, Web page development, presentation, digital video and audio editing, image processing, and graphics applications.
- Current on new instructional technologies and their use in the classroom and a willingness to continue to learn additional instructional technologies.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication, written and oral communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of teaching techniques, curriculum and staff development.
- An understanding of key learning theories and methods of instruction, and their relation to technology integration such as personalized and blended learning. Work well with others, be skilled in team management.
- Have clear goals and strategies for integrating technology into instruction.
- Working closely with classroom teachers in the development of lesson plans that encompass the use of technology.
- Provide direct support to teachers through personal campus visitation, observation, coaching and mentoring.
- Maximize increased instructional technology time focused on student academic needs.
- Provide professional development that ensures student engagement using technology.
- Provide professional development and ongoing support with a focus on strategies and activities on improving daily instruction.
- Collaborate with teachers to support their use of technology in delivery of curricula through a variety of instructional methods.
- Create learning resources for teachers, staff and students. These may include Web sites, tutorials, interactive programs and databases that support teachers in integrating technology.
- Supports teachers in the use of the district adopted Learning Management System for instructional delivery.
- Promote digital citizenship and acceptable use policy.
- Provides professional development and coaching for teachers to tie personalized and blended learning into lesson design.
- Curate digital curriculum resources.
- Works with elementary technology applications teachers to develop curriculum standards and documents.
- Adheres to and communicates copyright as well as other laws and guidelines pertaining to the distribution and ethical use of all resources
- Perform all other duties as assigned
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: physical mobility, standing, prolonged sitting, some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling. This position will also require frequent traveling within the district. Mental demands: Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations; ability to interpret a variety of data; ability to interpret TEC and policy; ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory, ability to be effective in both oral and written communication; ability to maintain emotional control under stress.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.