Based on classification and pay plan for Classified employees:
Grade 18 - $13.08
Haitian-Creole Bilingual Assistant
The following is needed for DOE compliance:
· Written sample in both languages (English and Haitian-Creole)
· Speaking sample of Haitian-Creole
Apply By: 10/15/2021
Date Available: 09/10/2021
Status: All Applicants
Contract: 9 Month
To provide assistance to limited English proficient students in the basic subject areas of Math, Science, Social Studies, and Computer Literacy, using English and, when necessary for understanding, the native language of the student.
1. High school diploma or equivalent or special diploma required.
2. Minimum of 60 semester hours from an accredited educational institution with at least 30 semester hours in general education core curriculum and/or child development and education or successful completion of the ParaPro Test with a score of 464 or higher.
3. Experience working with school age children and youth in any capacity preferred.
4. Valid Florida Driver License.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Please review the full job description at https://www.brevardschools.org/Page/3763