School/Center: Riviera Elementary School
Location: 351 Riviera Drive, Palm Bay
Job Number: 000359
School Year: 2022 FY
Position: IA-PREK ESE
Based on classification and pay plan for Classified employees:
Grade 18 $13.08
*Please apply for the job in Beacon and then email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply By: 10/19/2021
Date Available: 10/18/2021
Status: All Applicants
Contract: 9 Month
EDUCATION AND RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
' High School diploma or equivalent or special diploma required.
' Minimum of 60 semester hours from an accredited educational institution with at least 30 semester
hours in general education core curriculum and/or child development and education or successful
completion of the ParaPro test with a score of 464 or higher.
' Experience working with children.
' Valid Florida Driver's license.
The tasks/competencies listed below represent most of the time spent working in this position. Supervisor may
assign additional tasks within the scope of this classification as necessary.
1. Assist teacher with delivery of instruction to students.
2. Assist in collecting data as documentation of student performance for Individual Educational Plan
3. Accompany students to regular education classes.
4. Follow instructions of therapists, health professionals and others to provide service to students,
e.g., positioning, communication feeding, tube-feeding, suctioning, catheterization, etc.
5. Assist in the maintenance of student hygiene, e.g., toileting, bathing, etc.
6. Participate in training provided by the District to enhance skills needed for working with exceptional
7. Ride on bus with students with disabilities to ensure their safety.
8. Use effective positive interpersonal communication skills.
Job Type: Support Personnel
Instructional Subject: N/A
Support Personnel Area: Classroom Assistant
Career and Technology Ed Subject: N/A
Coaching Activity: N/A