Below is specific information for you to consider about this position.
Job Title: Program Coordinator, Student Engagement- Extended Learning
and Requisition ID number: 83206
Close Date:11:59 PM on 10/19/2021
Organizational Unit: Extended Learning (10000003)
Site: Davis Center (0001)
; this is based on full-time equivalency with 1.0 being full time
Functional Area: Administrative
Resume and Cover Letter are mandatory to apply for any position. SUMMARY
Under general supervision, coordinates and leads Minneapolis Public Schools student engagement activities and programs, including program development, staff support, and community relations. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
-- Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class. Employees are required to be in attendance and prepared to begin work at their assigned work location on the specified days and hours. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leads and coordinates student engagement activities and programs in support of MPS goals; performs duties within scope of authority and training, and in compliance with MPS policies; duties will vary according to job assignment.
- Develops goals, outcomes, targets and measures to determine success of programs and activities.
- Evaluates programs and develops recommendations for changes and improvements; collects and analyzes program and participant data, and develops recommendations to improve program quality.
- Creates, finds, and/or connects students to civic and leadership engagement opportunities.
- Works closely with school leadership team to develop student comprehensive and inclusive engagement strategies to address involvement at the school site.
- Works closely with the department head to locate and coordinate the applications and reporting for grants to help fund programs and activities; assures the grant program activities and procedures are in compliance with state and Federal rules and regulations, and MPS policies and procedures.
- Promotes and markets student engagement programs and activities; assures effective communication of program issues; develops promotional materials; coordinates community outreach, marketing and media events, training sessions, and volunteer recruiting programs.
- Performs required administrative functions for assigned programs; develops and processes administrative and technical documents and reports; assist with development of program budgets.
- Provides information and referrals on community services and resources.
- Completed and coordinates special projects and research assignments.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with students, clients, visitors, and MPS staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment
- Enthusiastically promotes the Superintendent's goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, records and MPS information.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis
- At times may be required to work outside normal business hours and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines
Bachelor's degree AND three (3) years of experience administering public education student programs and activities; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as determined by Human Resources. Knowledge of:
- Rules and regulations of the Minnesota Department of Education, Minneapolis Department of Health and Family Support, and other governing agencies.
- Applicable policies, procedures and regulations covering specific areas of assignment.
- State and Federal laws governing public sector grant funding programs.
- Local community resources, regional community services programs, and regional training programs.
- Personal computers utilizing standard software, and specialized MPS and state agency software applications and procedures.
- Principles of record keeping and record management.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Understanding and applying student engagement program and activity standards, public sector grant program procedures, applicable Federal and state rules and regulations, and MPS policies and procedures.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Coordinating and administering educational and school support programs.
- Identifying problems and opportunities, and developing solutions.
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Providing effective customer service, and dealing tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, clients, advocates and representatives from community groups and government agencies.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Working with students from different cultural perspectives and backgrounds.
A valid Minnesota State Driver's License may be required. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a standard office environment which requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. A job in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage.
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee. Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check. COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY: Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, family care leave status, or veteran status. Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.