Below is specific information for you to consider about this position.
Job Title: Teacher, Art - Sanford Middle School
and Requisition ID number: 83186
Close Date:11:59 PM on 10/19/2021
Organizational Unit: Sanford Middle School (10000091)
Site: Sanford (0324)
FTE: 1.0 FTE; 39 weeks
; this is based on full-time equivalency with 1.0 being full time
Functional Area: Teaching
Resume and Cover Letter are mandatory to apply for any position. Middle School Art position SUMMARY
Provide quality instruction aligned to the state and national standards. Use a variety of assessment strategies - diagnostic, formative and summative, to inform instructional decisions and increase student self-management of learning. Rigorous inquiry-based learning tasks engage students in deep content of the discipline as well as the habits of scholarship. May be required to work as a member of the campus STEM team to ensure quality integrated instruction across disciplines. PRIMARY RESPONSIBLITIES
- Knowledge of and implement the Minnesota State Standards and the District Graduation Requirements; knowledge of the subject matter, classroom management techniques, current researched best practices and strategies, as well as students' learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
- Teach students the required curricula using strategies that foster thinking, reasoning and problem solving.
- Collaborate with peers to develop, plan and implement best practices based on the needs/abilities of the students.
- Assess students' developmental, cognitive and social needs and provide developmentally appropriate instruction to meet those needs.
- Create lessons and learning environments that are safe, respectful and interesting as well as multicultural/gender and ability fair/developmentally appropriate.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with families in making educational decisions and use family and community resources to support learning.
- Acquire knowledge of the goals of the Minneapolis Public School District Improvement Agenda and site/school goals. Work to support and achieve those goals.
- Assess own instructional effectiveness through the Professional Development Process (PDP). Participate in ongoing and regular staff, team and individual professional development.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Teacher must have a working knowledge of media, tools, techniques and processes used in creating visual works of art.
- Develop and implement standards-based art curriculum
- Create instructional plans using differentiated instruction to accommodate mainstream an d special ed students
- Organize and implement art exhibits to sho wcase student work for school and community
- Strong classroom man agement skills and demonstrated proficiency in the Standards of Effective Instruction and successful implementation of PDP.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university.
- Prior successful experience student teaching or teaching in an urban, multicultural education setting.
- Demonstrated continued professional development through course work, research, peer collaboration and/or job-embedded staff development.
- Master's or PhD preferred.
A valid Minnesota teaching license in Art; or proof of pending approved licensure.
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee. Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check. COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY: Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, family care leave status, or veteran status. Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.