A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
Amplify's creative team is a group of designers, artists, and storytellers. We sketch, we write, we push pixels, we also love paper. We live for the big ideas, and we sweat the details. We work on digital, print, environmental, interactive, and animation projects. We have a strong hands-on and highly collaborative approach to both product development and graphic design systems and ensure ideas are realized to the highest standards of execution.
Production Designers at Amplify help to create beautiful and meaningful experiences that delight our young learners and their teachers, inside and outside of the classroom. As a member of Amplify's design group you will partner with a diverse cross-functional product team of designers, product owners, developers, and curriculum experts to extend and improve Amplify's digital curriculum.Responsibilities of the Production Designer:
Basic Qualifications of the Production Designer:
- Design for teacher, student, and administrator experiences, printed materials, and curriculum content.
- Collaborate closely with the Design and Product team to define features and contribute to the overall direction of the product.
- Consider competitor materials, user research and utilize findings to create initial designs and rapid prototypes for iterative user testing with teachers and students.
- Manage the accuracy, quality, and development of final creative files for print and digital deliverables
- Think holistically and contribute to high-level product strategy.
- Efficiently execute at high volume from start to finish in a fast-paced environment
- Raise concerns and propose solutions when taking on assignments
- Work with brand and product style guides across different formats while preserving creative continuity
- Implement revisions quickly and accurately
- Manage multiple active projects to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work in high volume and fast paced environments
- Ability to manage your own project schedules
Preferred Qualifications of the Production Designer:
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Strong problem solving, design, typography, and production skills
- Experience receiving and implementing design direction through layout revisions
- Experience working within and expanding upon dynamic visual and brand systems
- Expert knowledge of fast-paced print production and digital processes
- Experience in creating low-fidelity comps for review
- Experience maintaining consistent server organization and file naming conventions of existing structure and process
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with visual design in education technology or a related field
- Enthusiasm for contributing to the landscape of literacy education
- Working knowledge of Sketch and Zeplin
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.