Administrative/Business Support/Administrative AssistantDate Posted:
Newell Barney Junior High SchoolJOB TITLE:
Administrative Assistant, Junior High Principal JOB GOAL:
To assure the smooth and efficient operation of the Office in order to maintain efficient support for all staff. QUALIFICATIONS:
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years previous secretarial experience preferred
- Knowledge of computers, calculators, general office technologies, and software
- Ability to work cooperatively with parents, students, staff and general public
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to work as a team player, to take direction and follow through on assignments in a timely manner
- General knowledge of state procurement rules
261 Days (12 months) COMPENSATION:
$18.47 - $21.96 BENEFITS:
As per District policy REPORTS TO:
40 hours per week CLASSIFICATION:
Hourly, Non-exempt PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Perform a variety of secretarial and clerical duties, including filing, typing, correspondence, memoranda, notices, reports and written materials.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines with an attention to detail while working with frequent interruptions and with a minimum of supervision
- Answer telephone and respond appropriately to request for information.
- Maintain appointment calendar and make appointments for Principal.
- Using the state networked accounting program (Infinite Visions), create purchase requisitions utilizing the correct budget codes and follow state procurement rules: obtain quotes, bids and contract pricing for instructional supplies or equipment.
- Plan advisory committee meetings with local businesses, teachers, parents and students.
- Prepare materials for special events.
- Maintain files for all department purchases, reports, and inventory for capital assets.
- Occasionally assist with field trips by either driving district vehicles or as a backup chaperone.
- Become proficient in "Synergy" Student Information System
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms, stand, bend or stoop. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.