About the Organization
Fusion Academy is a revolutionary alternative, accredited private school for grades 6-12 that offers a fully individualized classroom: one student, one teacher. As the nationwide leader in one to one schooling, Fusion Academy has campuses throughout the country.
Every student at Fusion is unique - some students are accelerated learners; some need flexible scheduling; and others have special learning needs due to attention challenges, learning differences, or social and emotional difficulties. No matter why students come to Fusion, our model is simple - through compassion and acceptance, Fusion students learn on their terms, on their schedule, and in their learning style.
Our model is a unique academic program offering services year-round on a rolling admissions basis. Our environment is highly personal and socially inclusive. Equal emphasis is placed on students' emotional well-being as it is on academic achievements. In addition to full time enrollment, students at Fusion Academy may take a class for credit or enroll in our tutoring/mentoring program.
The Fusion culture offers a special place to work, teach, and learn. Fusionites are a special brand of educators--they are creative, passionate, embrace change, and have fun! They communicate honestly and with compassion to both students and colleagues. People join the Fusion family for more than just a paycheck; they seek to work with peers who share these values. And because Fusion is growing rapidly, we offer considerable opportunity for career advancement throughout the country. Location
Minneapolis | Edina DescriptionPosition Summary:
An Academic Dean's mission is to ensure that the academic program at Fusion is robust, adaptable, and innovative; student outcomes are clear and measurable; the teaching staff is well trained and supported. Key Responsibilities Include:
Position RequirementsQualifications Required:
- Oversee the administration of formal assessment tools and surveys, disseminate the results, and incorporate results to support goal planning for both students and campus.
- Conduct student charting checks and classroom observations.
- Support Mastery Learning Model and ensure state standards are being met.
- Support teachers with academic and curriculum questions.
- Support hiring process as needed: post positions, screen resumes, interview, conduct mock teaching sessions, process new hire paperwork.
- Facilitate all components of teacher training and keep required documentation.
- Conduct ongoing training and management of Department Heads.
- Conduct regular classroom observations, provide feedback to teachers, and assist Head of School with teacher evaluations.
- Train, support, and audit teacher record keeping and Fusion processes.
- Provide support for and execute teacher professional development.
- Continuously enhance Fusion culture and happiness factor with students and staff.
- Handle emergent issues with staff, students, and parents, in collaboration with other administrators.
- Communicate frequently with Head of School and provide necessary updates.
- Support and participate in leadership and staff meetings and campus events.
- Support campus and administrative needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and at least three years of teaching. School administration experience strongly preferred.
- This person needs to relate well with others, and have experience with students who have learning differences.
- Experience with students with ADD/ADHD is a plus.
- Monitoring and enhancing an academic program.
- Onboarding, training, and ongoing development of teaching staff and Department Heads.
- Creating and executing a vibrant staff culture.
- Being an invaluable member of the campus leadership team.
- Creating raving fans out of students, parents, teachers, and the community.
- Our ideal candidate is an outgoing, well-organized individual who is eager to work in a highly dynamic, energetic school setting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Number of Openings
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong customer focus and understanding of servant leadership.
- Patience and problem solving approach when addressing issues.
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment and embrace change with flexibility.
- Highly organized with the ability to constantly multitask.
- Understanding and commitment to execute core systems and processes.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely in written and oral communication.
- Solid listening and communicating skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply data.
- Ability to effectively utilize standards and student ability to individualize student experience.
- Well versed in technology and ability to teach others new technologies.
- Motivation to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- Ability to direct and empower others.
This position is currently accepting applications.