Administration/Supervisor of InstructionDate Posted:
William Allen High School ESOL Supervisor of Instruction
- Master's Degree with a major in educational leadership, educational supervision, or a related field
- PDE certification appropriate for the position
- At least five years of successful experience in public education, including elementary or secondary instruction with English Learners
- Successful experiences working with English Learners at the secondary level
- Satisfactory work record & criminal/child abuse clearances (Acts 34 and 151).
- Extensive knowledge of EL Strategies and Techniques
- Demonstrates command of Pennsylvania English Language Development Standards
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with strong analytical oral and writing skills
- Excels in problem solving and demonstrates ability to provide the highest quality services
- Demonstrated budgetary skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Supervisory Responsibilities:
- ESOL Facilitators
- ESOL Teachers
- World Language Teachers
- ESOL Instructional Paraprofessionals
The ESOL Supervisor ensures that all English Learner Students across all secondary schools receive required assessments, instructional supports and interventions needed for academic success. The ESOL Supervisor provides leadership to school-based staff and brings expertise in professional development to ensure that ESL and Content Area Teachers incorporate appropriate ESL strategies, techniques, and Pennsylvania English Language Development Standards in daily instruction. The ESOL Supervisor reports directly to the Director of ESOL & World Languages and provides support to Principals, Assistance Principals, ESOL Facilitators, ESL Teachers, World Language Teachers, Content Area Teachers and other staff members. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focuses on student achievement and positive outcomes for students identified as English Learners
- Conducts walk throughs and/or observations
- Develops progress monitoring systems that provides feedback for Tier 1 instruction and intervention
- Develops high quality Tier 1 lessons with teachers that meet the needs of English Learners
- Oversees and evaluates ESOL Facilitators as assigned by the Director of ESOL and World Languages
- Oversees and evaluates ESL teachers in coordination with building leadership team
- Confers with staff regarding instructional techniques, organization of practices, etc. for the purpose of providing coaching, guidance and mentoring.
- Plans and conduct professional learning and modeling for administrators, facilitators, teachers, and paraprofessionals around effective instructional practices for English Learners
- Ensures that all professional learning reflects ASD's Strategic Framework and building school improvement plans.
- Works effectively on a multidisciplinary team
- Participates in all School Improvement meetings at the school level.
- Creates a monthly English Learner Newsletter in collaboration with the other ESOL Supervisors of Instruction that shares evidence-based strategies for working with English Learners
- Prepares monthly data reports for Director of ESOL and World Languages, the Executive Director of School Improvement, and other Executive Directors as appropriate.
- Holds monthly data meetings with school administrators, ESL teachers and co-teachers
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned or delegated by the Director of ESOL and World Languages, the Executive Director of School Improvement, and other Executive Directors as appropriate.
Share in our community! Grow with our students! Join our district today and be a part of our future!
The Allentown School District is committed to excellence! The richness of The Allentown School District's diversity is strengthened by its central role in educating our students for America's future through academic excellence and celebrating the culturally responsive, athletic and artistic range of talent in the schools. ASD students originate from 51 countries and speak 26 languages.
The Allentown School District offers a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify.
This may include*
o Medical Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Vision Reimbursement
o Tuition Reimbursement
o Personal and Sick time
o PSERS Retirement Fund
*Eligibility for specific benefits will be outlined in each labor group's specific collective bargaining agreement.
For more information on this position, please read the full description document.