The future of Texas and the world is in our classrooms. At Texans Can Academies, we are recruiting individuals committed to ensuring that all students are career ready. We know the choices facing today's well-qualified professionals and we are thrilled that you are considering Texans Can Academies.
We are currently looking for a Director, Federal Compliance and Grant Management
to join our Corporate location
. If the following opportunity sounds like the right fit for you, please apply.Primary Purpose:
Direct and oversee administration and management of the district's fiscal resources as it relates to federal, state and local grants. Including preparation of current financial reports, management of the accounting process, and audits.Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required.
Five years' experience in grant management and compliance required.
Experience in accounting and finance in public education or not-for-profit sector preferred.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principals including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Able to multi-task and is achievement-oriented
- Strong customer service focus
- Must possess professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality work product with in time limits
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
- Provide leadership and coordination in the accounting and compliance efforts of the company including compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and informational reports in a timely manner and or as requested
- Provide advice and support on financial matters related with federal, state and local compliance and reporting
- Development policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR)
- Monitoring of compliance with EDGAR as it relates to procurement, hiring and recording of expenditures
- Formulates proposals for the development and revision of company policies pertaining to accountability and compliance
- Complete compliance reports related to State Compensatory Education, Every Student Succeeds Act, comparability, etc.
- Coordinate changes and improvements in automated financial and management information systems for the company
- Participate in the annual budgeting process for the company
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards
- Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting and auditing standards
- Assist with establishing and implementing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Responsible for documenting and communicating up-to-date Financial Management Procedures Manual
- Maintain confidentiality of information
As assigned.Other Requirements:
Reliable transportation available during workdays required.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Work with frequent interruptions, maintain emotional control under stress. Occasional prolonged or irregular hours. Regular district wide travel to multiple work locations as assigned. Moderate lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs. Primary office environment for day to day activities.TEXANS CAN ACADEMIES
is an Equal Opportunity Employer