Academic Operations Associate Hebrew Public issued a COVID Vaccine mandate for all staff. This will require all staff to receive the COVID Vaccination. Start Date:
Harlem Hebrew Language Academy (HHLA) 147 St. Nicholas Avenue, New York, NY 10026CMO Website: www.hebrewpublic.orgAbout the Organization:
Hebrew Public Charter Schools for Global Citizens
Hebrew Public is a national network of diverse-by-design public charter schools that teach children of all backgrounds to become productive global citizens. Our schools are models of racial and economic integration, academic excellence, and foreign language learning.About the Position:
Join an exciting community of educators and social changemakers who are passionate about global education and are committed to improved student learning and outcomes. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it. We are seeking a driven Academic Operations Associate
for the current school year that operates with a high sense of urgency and possesses a strong work ethic. Candidates for this position do NOT need to speak Hebrew.
The Academic Operations Associate supports the instructional team to ensure that they have the materials and tools needed for meeting Harlem Hebrew Language Academy's academic goals. The Academic Operations Associate trains and supports staff on our student and academic data software systems, ensures that assessments are administered and data is captured, and that academic materials are purchased and available in the classroom. The Academic Operations Associate will report to Assistant Head of School and Director of OperationsJob Responsibilities:
- Ensure that Harlem Hebrew Language Academy tap the full potential of the student information system and the academic data system, by working on the setting up of the new systems; training staff; and instituting protocols to ensure system-wide consistency in use
- Support the director of operations and school-based staff on how to use the gradebook and how to set up and generate progress reports, report cards and transcripts.
- Ensure that all required curricular materials (e.g., textbooks, workbooks, or science kits) are purchased, delivered to schools and placed in classrooms
- Inventory academic materials at the schools on a regular basis
- Support the instructional team in ensuring that assessments are ordered, administered and data is captured into academic data system
- Work with the director of operations on other operational projects and initiatives as needed
- Manage academic online platforms used to share resources and materials with teachers and school leaders
- Oversee team-related calendars such as academics, events, professional development, and assessments
- Design and execute logistics and operations for assessments, including preparation, implementation and communications and archives, both physical and digital
- Support team operational administrative needs (e.g. purchasing, travel and professional development arrangements)
- Contribute to team culture by executing logistics for team appreciation events and meetings (e.g. birthdays, team gatherings and celebrations).
- Lead ad-hoc projects as project manager as requested by the HHLA Leadership Team.
- Build and maintain systems that improve team efficiency and improve how we work with teachers.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 3 years of teaching experience required. Charter School experience preferred
- Demonstrated passion for and a commitment to the Hebrew Public mission and OLAM values
- Exceptional organizational, planning and project management skills
- Ability to shift priorities, multi-task and prioritize with a high volume of matters
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgment with the handling of highly sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop productive working relationships with multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook and Google Drive
- Growth mindset and ability to use feedback to improve practice
- Experience teaching or working with students in underserved areas preferred
Salary and benefits will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience. QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY:
To be considered, interested applicants must submit a resume and detailed cover letter.
Hebrew Public is committed to building a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Candidates of color and those from backgrounds that are underrepresented in school leadership roles are particularly encouraged to apply.