Brenham Independent School District - Job Description
Classroom Instructional Aide
Campus Principal and Teacher(s) Assigned
Provide instructional assistance to students under the direct supervision of a certified teacher. Assist in preparing, conducting, and managing of classroom activities.
Associate's degree, two years of study at an institution of higher learning, or have met formal academic assessment as required by the No Child Left Behind Act; valid Texas education aide certification; experience working with children
- Provide instruction to students under the direction of teacher; work with individual student or small groups; assist teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays; assist with administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignments; help maintain neat and orderly classroom; help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment; help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports; provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers
- Help supervise students throughout school day, inside and outside classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground duty.
- Make teacher aware of special needs or problems of individual students.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Participate in faculty meeting and special events as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Conserve electricity as outlined in the districts energy management plan.
- Ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics
- Ability to work well with children
- Ability to communicate effectively
Working Conditions (Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Demands):
Maintain emotional control under stress; regular light lifting and carrying; standard office equipment including computer and peripherals; standard instruction equipment; moderate standing; occasional kneeling, squatting, bending, and stooping; moderate walking; work inside and outside; exposure to noise; and work with frequent interruptions.
The foregoing statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required. The district shall not fail or refuse to hire or discharge any individual, or otherwise discriminate against any individual with respect to compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment because of the individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Nor shall the district limit, segregate, or classify its employees or applicants for employment in any way that would deprive or tend to deprive an individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect the status as an employee because of the individual's race, color, religion, sex or national origin.