Note: This posting has been extended. If you have already applied, you do not need to submit another application. This posting will be open until filled. This position is 8 hours per day, 12 months per year.
Criteria for Initial Step Placement on the Schedule
Provisions Governing the Professional and Technical Salary Schedule per Collective Bargaining Agreement Criteria for Initial Placement on the Schedule Initial placement shall be made by Human Resources on Step 1 unless employee has previous experience in a Washington school district; then, years of experience credit will be considered for placement.
Advancement All professional and technical employees will move incrementally over one salary schedule step each year. Step advances are only made once a year effective September 1. To be eligible for such step advancement, an employee must have been in the position by January 31 of the previous school year.
BASIC FUNCTION: Kent School District is looking for a highly motivated, detail oriented individual to provide application support, troubleshooting, and customer issue resolution for the Genetec Security System. This individual will work with other engineers to support Kent School's District physical security system infrastructures, including access control, CCTV, visitor management, and incident management systems. The Security Integrations Group is a 24/7 operation, and shift work will be required, potentially including nights and weekends.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: Incumbents may perform any combination of the essential functions shown below. This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, or abilities associated with this classification, but is intended to accurately reflect the principal job elements.
- Day-to-day support operations of a fast-paced complex distributed physical security infrastructures that includes 1,500+ security cameras and 200+ badge access doors
- Responding to telephone, ticket, and e-mail requests in a professional, efficient manner
- Performing various programming and technical project / administrative related activities on the security systems
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of issues to the appropriate teams
- Reviewing and recommending logical and technical design as defined by documented standards
- Maintain and repair security cameras and door hardware
- Plan for future growth including hardware and storage. Manage a hardware refresh cycle to maintain functionality of the system.
- Participates in a wide variety of meetings as required (e.g. workshops, district, regional, and statewide committees, community and public agencies, seminars, conferences, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and gathering information regarding a wide variety of subjects required to carry out responsibilities.
- Maintains current knowledge of Genetec Security Center and District Hardware.
- Performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position as assigned.
- Perform video redaction for any/all public disclosure requests.
- Experience working in either a customer facing IT role, or the security industry
- Highly self-motivated to solve problems efficiently
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and information, and retain that knowledge
- Proficient computer literacy proven through work experience or education
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to work any shift within the 24/7 operations, including holidays and weekends
- Bachelors or Associates degree in a related field (Information Technology, Communications, Business, Criminal Justice, etc.)
- Experience working with Physical Access Control Systems (e.g., Genetec, Honeywell, AMAG, etc.), or their associated hardware
- Experience working with and administering Windows or Linux client/server operating systems
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable Knowledge of Office Outlook, Teams, and Excel.
- Knowledge of Genetec Camera Software
- Knowledge of Access Control applications
- Ability to demonstrate a consistently positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of others.
- Ability to recognize the difference between a technical issue and a human issue.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Environment: Required to remain sitting for prolonged periods in front of a video display monitor; required to meet inflexible deadlines periodically; requires visual concentration; occasionally required to work long hours or monitor work from home; occasionally required to be accessible during off hours to return to work for emergencies.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling, or crouching.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate standard office equipment, computer keyboard, and other equipment necessary to complete the required duties.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
- Extended viewing of computer monitor.
- Working around and with office equipment having moving parts.
- Climbing on ladders and using power tools.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Kent School District will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the Community of Human Resources.