Middle School Teaching/MathematicsDate Posted:
Zuni Middle School Position: Middle School MathTeacher Salary: $48,112.00 to $67,137.00 Reports to: Principal Site: Zuni Middle FLSA: Exempt Contract Length: 9 Month/188 days Purpose:
To instruct students in activities designed to promote social, physical and intellectual growth in the subject matter (math) and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible men and women. Position Overview
- The Middle School Math Teacher position is responsible for creating a classroom environment that develops the skills and talents of each student in the field of Math and prepares them to be successful and meet the New Mexico Common Core State Standards.
ZPSD Teachers know that they are responsible for the academic growth of their students, and they are willing to do whatever it takes to ensure success. Teachers at ZPSD lead the curriculum, instruction, and assessment for students to which they are assigned. They relentlessly pursue student growth and achievement through diligent planning, careful instructional execution, and on-going collaboration with colleagues and the school leadership team. Core Responsibilities
- Student Achievement and Success
- Ensure high academic standards are set for and met by all students.
- Develop and execute a rigorous standards-based curriculum.
- Differentiate curriculum, instruction, and individualized learning plans to meet individual student needs.
- Use student performance data derived from teacher-created and standardized assessments to drive instructional decision-making.
Commitment to School and Classroom Culture:
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students.
- Develop positive relationships with students.
- Develop classroom rules for behavior that are consistent with the school wide rules and ZPSD Student Code of Conduct.
- Develop positive relationships with parents for the purpose of creating a support for students and their education program; execute assigned home visits to facilitate this process.
- Assist in promoting the participation of students, parents, and other members of the staff in ZPSD-initiated activities.
Professionalism and Leadership :
- Collaborate with the Principal to develop and execute Professional Development Plan.
- Engage in self-initiated focused, reflective work (action research, critical collaboration, case study, or learning log).
- Clearly and accurately communicate with administration, colleagues, students, parents, and larger academic community to improve academic outcomes for all students.
- Exhibit personal responsibility for daily work and attendance, personal appearance, student learning, and school success.
- Demonstrate collegial behavior and make professional development contributions to the school community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (required)
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate the academic progress of students under his/her leadership and articulate the methods used to achieve those results
- Must possess valid New Mexico teaching license or equivalent (required)
- Must possess valid 7-12th Math endorsement or equivalent (required)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States (required)
The nature of the work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files, and an ability to communicate and exchange information. Physical demands include the ability to stand, bend, reach high and low, stoop, and walk around 60% of the day. In addition, candidates must be able to lift and/or push and pull 15 to 20 lbs. for short periods of time. Working Conditions
Majority of work performed in a general school environment. Position requires availability for extended hours plus non-traditional hours required to perform job duties. Also requires participation and attendance at organization-sponsored events and meetings. Essential equipment
Equipment available for the job will include: SMART Board, projectors, copiers, phone, fax, computer, calculator, printer, scanner, related classroom materials, etc.