Our Mission: Building a foundation of skills, knowledge and character, University Prep educates every K-5 scholar for a four-year college degree and life of opportunity.
Why you’ll love us: We approach teaching differently. We believe it is a craft that is mastered over time through deep ownership of your growth and a constant pursuit of excellence.
At U Prep every ounce of educator energy and effort comes from a place of love and commitment to our children and our mission. Being surrounded by excellent educators who are obsessed with our scholars winning makes all of us better. There may be nothing more energizing than being part of a like-minded, mission-driven team that is unwavering about doing right by kids.
As passionate as we are about our scholars succeeding we are equally dedicated and committed to our adults. Our teachers are loved and deeply supported in their professional and personal development because we know that’s what it takes to achieve excellence and we’re serious about our people becoming exceptional.
Your compensation, benefits and supports at U Prep exist with the recognition that U Prep educators are the heart of everything we do and the game changers who make all the difference.
Our package includes, but is not limited to the following:
- *Salaries starting at or above the district average and growing at a faster rate (*For those with less than 10 years of teaching experience). Annual salary range of $46,000-$65,000 depending on experience and demonstrated ability to drive outcomes for scholars.
- U Prep pays 100% of the employee’s personal medical benefit and provides options to elect dental, vision, critical illness and accident benefits.
- U Prep contributes up to $600 to a personal wellness account for each employee.
- Potential access to signing bonuses and moving stipends
- Entrance into our Teacher Career Pathways and Opportunities
- Includes additional compensation (Up to 10K) and opportunities for instructional coaching, grade-level leadership, and personalized PD based on areas of interest/focus.
- Three weeks of summer professional development (PD) for new employees
- Robust PD over the course of the school year (including our Summer Institute)
- 140+ hours of PD for new instructional staff
- Weekly personalized coaching and supports:
- Time to connect (our leaders go beyond helping develop your technical skills and ensure we know what’s going on with you)
- Classroom observations including real-time coaching
- Observation feedback sessions
- Co-Intellectual Prep meetings (working with you to prepare for excellent instruction)
- Data meetings to analyze and action plan
- Weekly time for grade level teams to collaborate and engage with each other with a focus on helping all of our scholars succeed
*Based on the starting salaries with those who have bachelor’s degrees and based on the district’s average year over year growth
What you’ll do:
- Embody mission and vision of University Prep along with the organization’s core values.
- Intellectually prepare for and implement a cohesive, rigorous, and standards-aligned curriculum.
- Engage in deliberate practice with leaders and colleagues to ensure full preparation before delivering instruction in front of children.
- Leverage daily, weekly, interim and end of year assessments to consistently capture student learning/understanding.
- Assessments are a combination of curriculum-based tests and external tests used to ensure a clear/full picture of scholar mastery against grade level expectations.
- Analyze student work and academic data, and action plan accordingly in collaboration with team members and leaders.
- Monitor progress against action plan expectations to ensure scholars are making necessary gains
- Provide engaging, motivating, and rigorous instruction in whole-class, small group and individual settings.
- Plan for and deliver academic supports to small groups or individual scholars as needed/scheduled.
- Actively engage with families, children and community members to understand their backgrounds and experiences in order to support an equitable and inclusive school environment.
- Communicate regularly and proactively with colleagues, scholars and families.
- Play a direct role in developing and strengthening a warm, consistent, and focused school culture in which learning time is maximized and all students are fully engaged.
- Teach, support and enhance school-wide systems and expectations at all times with all children.
- Draft scholar report cards and intentionally plan for family meetings to ensure meaningful information is shared and the school/home relationship is further enhanced.
- Actively participate in all professional development and learning opportunities, demonstrating a desire toward continual improvement and learning.
- Continuously use feedback from leaders, colleagues and families to make productive changes in instructional practices and overall performance.
- Complete all administrative requirements before given deadlines.
- Participate in additional activities including field trips, intensive academic support sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout year to best serve our children and community.
- Full commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of University Prep.
- Full commitment to organization’s core values and core identity.
- Unyielding optimism that children can perform at or above grade level regardless of where they may be starting their educational journey.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Highly qualified as defined by ESSA (Every Student Succeeds Act).
- This includes passing PRAXIS 5001 scores by August 1, 2021.
- Minimum of one year working in urban education and/or with a diverse student population.
- For those with teaching experience: history of leading significant gains in student performance
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience or familiarity analyzing data and using data to inform decisions and/or instruction.
- Strong organizational skills as evidenced by exceptional time and task management
- Ability to work full-time, including some evenings and weekends along with a “whatever it takes” disposition.
- Ability to work in person/in the school building. This is not remote/telecommuting role.
- Openness to feedback and a strong desire for continual growth and development as a professional.
- Willingness to take responsibility for scholar outcomes and achievement without excuse.
- Demonstrated track record of operating with a growth mindset and deep humility in all previous roles.
- Bilingual strongly preferred (English/Spanish).
Apply Today: Visit: http://uprepschool.org/careers/
As an equal opportunity employer, University Prep hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.