Are you wondering how you might blend your love of STEM teaching and working with other educators into an engaging, innovative, and sustainable leadership pathway? Do you crave and celebrate diversity and believe that when different backgrounds, ideas and experiences come together, a complete and more interesting whole is formed?
Then you have come to the right place.
Apply to the 2022-2023 Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship Program. https://science.osti.gov/wdts/einstein
School staff members provide vital leadership in classrooms and schools, but too often lack opportunities to contribute their knowledge to the development of education policy on a broader scale. For 31 years, the purpose of the Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship Program is to enable outstanding STEM teachers to bring their school and classroom expertise to the national level and to expand their knowledge of the national dialogue about education.
Fellows spend eleven months working in a Federal agency or in a Congressional office. Current sponsoring agencies include the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), the Library of Congress (LOC), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), the Department of Defense (DoD), the US Geological Survey (USGS), the Department of Interior (DOI), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum (SI). After the Fellowship, these exemplary STEM educators transfer their Fellowship experiences into new ways to teach students and engage colleagues.
• A monthly living stipend of $7,500.
• A travel allowance of up to $5,000 for approved travel related to their host agencies and approved professional development opportunities.
• An education allowance of up to $1,000 for approved educational expenses aligned with the Fellows’ individual professional development plans.
• Reimbursement for moving/relocations expenses up to $3,500 for Fellows relocating from outside of the Washington, DC, area.
• Einstein Fellows are eligible to receive a stipend of up to $550 per month (individual plan) or $1,300 per month (family plan) to offset the cost of health insurance.
Commitment to Diversity
We believe that the field of STEM education benefits greatly when teachers reflect the diversity of those they teach. We highly value diversity and encourage minorities and members of under-represented groups to apply.