Job Title Executive Principal, Elementary Location Ashburn, VA, US Organization Name Administration Building Department Description Department of Instruction
Brief Description The Executive Principal for Elementary Schools assists the Director of Elementary and Charter Schools in assuring the
quality of the operation of the elementary schools.
Detailed Description The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to
the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed
* Assists the Director in responding to elementary principals' requests; in evaluating the performance of
elementary principals; in gathering information related to parent and community concerns and inquiries, and in
the organization, staff development, and evaluation of the elementary summer school program; assists the
Director in implementing student disciplinary policies and procedures.
* Tracks elementary school space utilization, projected enrollment, and other activities.
* Organizes assistant principal meetings and conducts in-service activities at those meetings.
* Coordinates the collection and reporting of elementary disciplinary data and achievement data to be used by
school administrators in reducing discipline disproportionality and achievement gaps.
Job Requirements * Master's Degree and a Postgraduate Professional License and holds or is eligible for an endorsement as an
* Five years of progressive overall education experience in teaching, supervision, administration, with a minimum
of two years focused on school administration
* Demonstrated experience in developing and tracking budgets
* Knowledge of state and federal statutes, regulations, and rules relating to instruction, curriculum, student
learning and ability to advise interested parties of the provisions of the laws
* Ability to keep and maintain accurate records and to meet deadlines
* Possesses strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills
* Ability to communicate with individuals of varied cultural and educational backgrounds
* Demonstrate the leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with
administrators and teachers
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of
the spoken word. The employee must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately,
loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall and apply
certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time.
Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Additional Details Administrator/Professional Salary Scale , Universal Level 25
FLSA Exempt Status: exempt
Supervisor: Director, Elementary and Charter Schools
The Loudoun County School Board seeks to cultivate a high performing team of professionals focused on its mission and goals. The School Board values merit and excellence within its workforce and encourages the highest levels of professionalism for all its employees.
The School Board also recognizes and values the diversity of the students and broader community it serves and encourages diversity within its workforce.
The Loudoun County School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The School Board does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of actual or perceived race, national origin, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, age, religion, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any basis protected by law.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Assistant Superintendent for Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Loudoun County Public Schools
21000 Education Court
Ashburn, VA 20148
How To Apply To submit an application online, please select "Apply Now"To be considered for the vacancy, please complete ALL sections of the application. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. Please be sure to upload the following:
- Three (3) current professional references (Name, phone number, email address). At least one reference should be a current supervisor or most recent supervisor.
- Letter of Interest
Interview Date School Year SY_2021-2022 School Year 2021-2022 Job Type Administrative Closing Date Contract or Assignment Days/Hours Per Day 248 days / 8 hours Amount of Travel
Refresh Detach Attach
Skill Minimum Level Maximum Level Desirability No results found.