Dean/Inst Coach/Interventionist/TOSA/Coordinator/Social Emotional Lrng Spec
Woodglen Elementary School
SALARY INFORMATION: SEE CERTIFIED SALARY SCHEDULE STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 40 FTE: 1.0
MONTHS PER YEAR: 9
JOB CODE: 1700EM POSITION TYPE: PERMANENT/REGULAR
LOCATION: THORNTON, CO Summary:
Social Emotional Learning Specialists accelerate student growth in social-emotional competences and support a positive school climate and culture. The Social Emotional Learning Specialist will collaborate with administration in order to assess, develop and implement school-wide initiatives to address social-emotional wellness. Ongoing collaboration with classroom teachers and all support staff is inherent to this position in an effort to build instructional capacity in the area of social emotional learning among staff. Social Emotional Learning Specialists provide professional learning in evidence-based social emotional practices, facilitate analysis of climate and culture data as well as student social emotional data, and engage in coaching cycles with teachers. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Related Work Experience:
- Collaborate with current administration, mental health providers, counselors, and teachers to support schools in social emotional learning framework implementation and address social emotional wellness
- Build and participate in the implementation of a continuum of social/emotional services to support all students within a school, including direct support of student intervention
- Lead the planning and delivery of a guaranteed and viable SEL competency instruction in the building
- Provide side-by-side coaching to teachers and staff - especially new teachers - to create safe, inclusive and respectful classrooms with diverse populations of students
- Reviews school-wide data and assessment data to assist buildings in designing school-wide interventions and support SEL competencies
- Provide professional learning or content for adult learners
- Demonstrate and maintain productive and positive interpersonal skills.
- Promote professional conversation and reflective thinking to impact teacher effectiveness
- Apply facilitation skills, knowledge and experience to support adult learners' development
- Use evidence-based and technically-sound practices to drive planning, decision-making and instruction
- Attend ongoing professional development to increase knowledge on how to support systems and resilience in staff and the school community
- Engage in continuous learning with evidence-based best practices in social emotional learning; build capacity to train schools in those practices
- Other duties as assigned
Licenses, Registrations or Certifications:
- Master's degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or Education preferred
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience working in education preferred
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Knowledge and experience in planning and leading effective adult learning
- Ability to structure own time and manage multiple perspectives
- Experience in leadership, understanding of system implementation and change management
- Training in trauma-informed practices and/or restorative practices and experience teaching a social emotional curriculum to students
Internal Candidates Only:
- Criminal background check required for hire
- Must possess, or be able to obtain a valid Colorado Educator License from the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) within 30 days of hire.
- Must possess the required license and endorsement.
o 13.2.5 Voluntary transfers that occur fifteen working days before the start of the school year and until the end of the school year shall happen once the position being vacated has been filled, for a duration of no more than four weeks. This four week time period could be adjusted in consultation with the educator, current and receiving supervisor and with approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer and the Association President.
Changes to the READ Act require that all K-3 teachers and staff responsible for teaching reading to students in grades K-3 complete evidence-based training in teaching by Jan. 31, 2022.SALARY INFORMATION (FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES):
BENEFITS INFORMATION: Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eli gible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date). To learn more about our benefits including paid time off, please see our Benefits Overview. THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
- All salary placement on our Certified Salary schedule is dependent on the employees' education and/or work experience. Certified/licensed employees will be granted one (1) year for each full year of contractual and/or work experience up to a maximum of ten (10) years, which includes in-district and out-of-district contractual teaching and/or work experience. Responsibility for verification of outside experience shall rest with the individual employee. For further explanation of salary placement please refer to our Certified Master Agreement that can be found on our district website.