The future of Texas and the world is in our classrooms. At Texans Can Academies, we are recruiting individuals committed to ensuring that all students are career ready. We know the choices facing today's well-qualified professionals and we are thrilled that you are considering Texans Can Academies.
We are currently looking for a Registrar
to join our Dallas - Oak Cliff
campus. If the following opportunity sounds like the right fit for you, please apply.
Responsible for maintaining student funding/accountability data input at the campus level. Process student enrollment, transfers, and withdraws according to guidelines provided by the PEIMS department for the campus. Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years' experience managing records; experience managing student records preferred .
- Demonstrate the ability to perform responsibilities with limited supervision.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain accurate of data entry regarding auditable records.
- Demonstrate ability to use personal computer and software to make spot judgments, recognizing that decisions affect the instructional process.
- Demonstrate ability to work under time pressure and demand of the position to achieve completion of deadlines.
- Proficient typing, keyboarding, file maintenance skills and basic math skills.
- Demonstrate strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Major Responsibilities and Duties: Records, Reports, and Correspondence
- Maintain physical and computerized records including entering new student demographic data, Social security/state ID number, city and state and country of birth, extended demographic information, home language surveys, immunization, etc.
- Process new student records, including requesting transcripts and records from other schools, setting up cumulative folder, and entering student data into appropriate. Updating student demographic, address information upon finding of discrepancies or at the request of the appropriate person.
- Verify the accuracy of all processed data, recognize discrepancies, and take the corrective action in support of PEIMS regarding reporting requirements. Understand correct use of computer system for student data inquiry, printed records and attendance reporting.
- Ensure attendance is printed, entered, with correction made daily and print required audit documents for the campus administrator to verify. Maintain attendance according to required timelines in procedures outlined by the PEIMS department.
- Ensure information pertaining to student maintenance for data entered which is used for reporting to TEA in these data systems Foundation for School Funding (FSP) ADA attendance reporting, Pupil Enrollment Tracking (PET) for enrollment reporting and Texas Record Exchange (TREx) for requesting/sending of student records.
- Ensure students, parents and other who visits the office receives proper assistance in matters relating to enrollment, attendance, grade reporting, etc... Maintain confidentiality of all entered or printed information. Communicate and work with other departments within the school campus and with other school districts.
- Enter program data sheets received which affect Cycle Funding reports: Student data information regarding student enrollment, withdrawals in the recordkeeping system for documentation and maintain file copies of forms for audit records.
- Maintain enrollment records, attendance data for current school year and a period of five years for audit record requirements.
- Report any discrepancy to the Director of PEIMS and make correction. Assist with all areas according to the directive by the PEIMS department staff. Attend trainings as required regarding PEIMS reporting and changes regarding database maintenance.
- All other duties as assigned.
Personal computer, typewriter, printer, calculator, copier, fax machine, and shredder.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Work with frequent interruptions, maintain emotional control under stress. Repetitive hand motions, prolonged use of computer.Transportation:
Must have own reliable transportation available during work hours. Some out of town travel may be required.TEXANS CAN ACADEMIES
is an Equal Opportunity Employer