JOB STATUS: UNTIL FILLED
POSTING DATE: 09/21/2021
POSTING NUMBER: A21/22-184.108.40.206
LOCATION: Carlin Springs ES
POSITION TITLE: Temp/Hourly Pre-K Special Education Assistant-(Re-Posted)
Arlington Public Schools (APS) requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen (i.e. Pfizer, Moderna, and/or Johnson and Johnson). As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination. Please see the below information regarding vaccination verification and the medical or religious exemption process for final candidates.
This position is a 5.5 FTE, working 187 days located at Carlin Springs Elementary School.
- Provide support to teacher and to students in general education and special education classrooms.
- Ability to communicate with parents.
- Collaborative team player.
- Willingness to work under teacher direction and supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, parents, and children.
- Experience working with students with special needs.
- Experience working in a secondary school setting.
- Clear understanding of the educational needs of special education and general education students, which includes, but not limited to, assistance with physical, or sensory needs.
- Must be reliable, dependable and flexible.
- Assistants must meet the requirements of the NCLB and Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) at the time of hire.
- A high school diploma, and An Associate Degree or two years of college study.
- At least 60 semester hours, 12 which must be in English or mathematics, depending on job responsibilities, or
- A score of at least 455 on the Parapro Test.
If you would like to apply for a position please follow these steps.
1. Log in to your application and select the appropriate application (Current APS employees interested in transferring must select the Employee Transfer Application). If you are a new online application user, please regiser with the online system, then proceed to Step 2.
2. to your application, select the appropriate application, click the Start Application button at the bottom of the page.
3. Click the Continue/Save button at the bottom of the each web page until you reach the Employment Openings page of the application.
4. On the Employment Openings page, click the Add Job button.
5. Select the position you would like to apply for from the drop down list.
6. Click the Add Another button to add a different position to your application or if you have finished click the Continue button and proceed to Step 7.
7. Once you have finished selecting the job(s) click the Continue button at the bottom of each web page and submit the application. (You will need to complete the Applicant Testimony and Applicant's Authorization Statement every time you re-submit your application).
8. Click the Submit button on the left.
9. Click the Submit Application button to finish applying for an APS position(s).
10. Please do not contact the schools regarding job openings.Arlington Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity EmployerIt is the policy of the Arlington School Board, as stated in Policy G-2.30, Employee Relations - Equal Employment Opportunity - that "Employment opportunities shall not be restricted, abridged or otherwise adversely affected on the basis of race, national origin, creed, color, religion, gender, age, economic status, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and/or disability."
Please follow the instructions listed above.
GROUP / GRADE: 1199
Salary will be based on the FY2021-22 salary schedule.