WHO ARE WE?
Get to know Florida Cyber Charter Academy (FLCCA) !
K12 Produces Results
Florida Cyber Charter Academy
Behind the scenes
A Day in the life
K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for ANY ONE. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the Stride K12 partner school, Florida Cyber Charter Academy. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of Florida Cyber Charter Academy is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
The Head of School acts as chief administrator for a K12 managed school; implements the school’s strategies and budget; and oversees the implementation of school marketing and enrollment initiatives. The role acts as an ambassador for K12 with the community and civic groups; ensures compliance with the requirements of federal, state and local agencies; and selects, develops and retains highly qualified and effective staff. At all times, the incumbent exemplifies the qualities associated with academic leadership and professionalism; uses data to drive academic decision-making; and ensures instruction is targeted to meet students’ individual needs. Essential Functions, duties and responsibilities:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides leadership exhibiting professionalism and high academic standards that celebrate student and staff achievements; acts as chief administrator of a K12 managed school; implements the school’s mission, vision, and strategic planning initiatives driven by K12 and the Board of Directors;
- Develops plans and policies for the educational program and submits them to Board of Directors for approval; ensures policies and programs are carried out appropriately by all students, parents, and staff;
- Consults with K12’s legal team, the Board of Directors, and Human Resources to appropriately handle any legal issues; ensures compliance with all local, state, and federal laws;
- Communicates school budget decisions to K12 and the Board of Directors and oversees the local implementation of the budget;
- Oversees implementation of the school marketing and enrollment plans directed by K12 to achieve and maintain enrollment capacity;
- Serves as public relations liaison between K12 and the school community; engages community and civic groups to support school programs and the school community;
- Works closely with government affairs team to support and advance the online educational movement within the state;
- Ensures school program are in alignment with authorizing agency requirements;
- Effectively recruits, hires, and retains highly qualified staff; develops effective staff members through an ongoing evaluation process and professional development;
- Creates and fosters a positive school culture by involving school staff, community leaders, students and parents;
- Serves as the school’s instructional leader and ensures data is being used to drive all academic decisions;
- Ensures teaching staff utilizes the K12 curriculum, effective assessments, and targeted instruction to meet the individual needs of each student.
Directly supervises 5+ full-time equivalent (FTE) employees and/or contractors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Minimum Required Qualifications:
Certificates and Licenses:
- Master’s degree in education or school administration AND
- Ten (10) years in the educational industry AND
- Three (3) years of school administration experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Valid appropriate state administrative license as required. OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to manage a large staff with multiple departments
- MS 365; Web proficiency.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Ability to clear required background check
- Charter school experience including understanding of state charter regulations as they relate to school operations
- Online educator experience
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- This is a home-based position. Must live inFlorida.