About the RoleKey Accountabilities
To assist the teacher with a wide range of tasks on a regular basis. To supervise small groups of children or whole classes in emergency situations or when instructed.
The responsibilities will include but are not limited to assisting with reading related activities, running small group activities inside or outside and preparing the classroom activities and the supporting documents. You will cover class for short periods of time and develop familiarity with relevant aspects of the curriculum including literacy, numeracy and phonetics. You will also be responsible to manage the cupboards stock and take children to toilets when required.Person Specification
About Your Benefits
- Knowledge of strategies which support positive behavior to meet school expectations.
- Support ethos of the learning environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, parents and colleagues.
- To contribute purposefully to the team.
- Able to handle a range of tasks, work under pressure and relate well to students and colleagues.
- Competent Literacy, Numeracy and IT skills at the required level
- Ability to multi-task and withstand interruptions to best serve community needs.
- Excellent written/spoken English language skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills to aid in daily contact with a diverse multi-cultural population.
- Previous experience as a teaching assistant or working with children preferred.
- Attested Degree/ College certificates
A very attractive remuneration package is on offer to the successful candidate including tax-free salary, medical cover, tuition fee concessions and end of service benefits.About GEMS
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation. About the School
Dubai American Academy (DAA) opened in 1998 is GEMS Education's flagship American school with over 2700 students in grades KG1-12. DAA is a vibrant international community, deeply rooted in a culture of kindness, that creates and empowers leaders and independent thinkers with integrity, character, and drive. The school offers an enriched American curriculum to students of all nationalities culminating in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and/or an American high school diploma. Beyond its rigorous academic program, DAA prepares students to lead successful lives through the exceptional diversity of its community and the extra-curricular and athletic experiences that contribute to the development of the whole person. DAA is the only American school in Dubai that has received an outstanding rating from the Dubai Schools Inspection Bureau (DSIB), a distinction the school has since 2011.
http://www.gemsaa-dubai.com/ About Application Process
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application. To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
2. Passport-size photograph
Important Note : GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment. Similar Jobs
Assistant Teacher- September 2021