The first step in creating a truly great school is building a strong leadership team. Bring your passion for influencing and supporting our youth to National Heritage Academies (NHA) as a school dean to one of our NHA partner schools. At NHA, the dean is dedicated to achieving the purpose of "transforming the lives of students and enriching communities by delivering high-quality educational choice to families". The role of the dean is to ensure high quality learning for every student in every classroom - every day - by growing teacher skill, capacity, and effectiveness and creating effective collaboration between teachers. Properly executed, the leadership of the dean improves student learning growth, increases college readiness, and enhances school health as measured by academic, financial, and cultural metrics. The dean role is essential to reaching these school and organizational goals. In this position, a building principal, director of school quality and a team of instructional leaders will be there to support you every step of the way. Along with our results-driven curriculum and commitment to educating the whole child - academically, morally, and socially - you and your students will be set up for success. About Us
NHA, founded in 1995 and based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, is one of the nation's leading for-profit charter school management organizations.
NHA's system of schools is designed to eliminate the achievement gap and provide a public school choice to families so their children are prepared for success in high school, college, and beyond. With a commitment to hard work, good citizenship, and personal responsibility, students experience a safe, secure learning environment where achievement thrives. A passion and dedication to the mission of serving children and partnering with communities to provide an excellent educational experience permeates the culture of our organization. Your Role
- Coach teachers toward instructional mastery and provide ongoing, differentiated support based on teacher skill, experience, and needs, using the Classroom Framework as the blueprint
- Manage and hold teachers accountable to college readiness through teacher development (e.g.. observations, full lesson observations, goal setting, O3's, coaching)
- Develop, support, and maintain a safe, engaging culture focused on student learning
- Master and model all aspects of the Classroom Framework of Instructional Practice
- Build relationships with and among teachers and invest in the professional success of all staff members
- Manage and hold teachers accountable to college readiness through teacher development (e.g., observations, full lesson observations, goal setting, O3s, coaching)
- Routinely analyze student, class, and wing data to drive instruction, student growth, and professional development to ensure that all student needs are met
- Promote, model, and reinforce all NHA and school procedures (e.g., School-wide Behavioral System, Behave with Care, Moral Focus)
- Manage parent relationships
- Participate in recruitment and on-boarding efforts for direct reports
- Administer annual evaluations
- Lead wing PLC meetings using data and state standards
- Directly supervise a group of teachers and support staff
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Interviewing, hiring and training employees
- Planning, assigning and directing work
- Appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3-5 years' experience in teaching as well as 1-year previous leadership experience as an Instructional Coach, Assistant Principal, etc.
- A valid administrator license (if required for the state in which you are applying)
- Experience working with at-risk students - strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to see complex projects through from start to finish
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
To learn more about our core values, please click here .
National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer.