Non Licensed: Support Staff/Language InterpreterDate Posted:
Administrative Center - Multilingual ServicesDate Available:
Champaign Community School District #4 - website Our Mission
- Positively transforming learning and life outcomes for students through educational justice, equity, and excellence.
- Strong written or spoken language skills in both English and the target language
- Extensive vocabulary in both English and the target language
- Strong familiarity with both American and the target culture
- Ability to express thoughts clearly and concisely in both English and the target language
- Bachelor's Degree or higher (strongly preferred)
- The hourly wage for this position, as well as Information regarding the fringe benefits associated with this position can be found on the attached document.
- The District is accepting applications for this position on an ongoing basis. We continuously evaluate the number of positions needed and schedule interviews as appropriate.
More About Our Community
- Language Interpreters/Translators translate written District correspondence and orally interpret for students/families whose primary language is a language other than English.
- The District currently serves students from 70+ non-English linguistic backgrounds. Applicants are being sought from all non-English languages.
Want to Learn More?
- Champaign Unit 4 Schools serves over 10,000 PreK-Young Adult students in 18 facilities, which include twelve elementary schools, three middle schools, two high schools, one early childhood facility, and the Novak Academy. Located conveniently near Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis, Champaign residents enjoy the entertainment and intellectual activity of a large city, without the higher costs of living and lengthy commute times often associated with busy city/suburban life. The University of Illinois provides the excitement of Big 10 sporting events, a thriving business environment, and world-class entertainment at State Farm Center and the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts. Champaign is characterized by a thriving downtown and campustown, shopping centers and boutiques, award-winning restaurants, neighborhood parks, live music venues, and summer festivals. We also share many museums, galleries, and theatres with the adjacent city of Urbana.
- If you want to learn more about this position or other career opportunities in Champaign Unit 4 Schools, please contact our Talent Recruitment and Retention Manager, Ms. Jey L. Owens, at email@example.com. Please include your résumé.
For more information on this position, please read the full description document.