The Security Specialist is responsible for assisting in providing direction in ensuring a safe and secure learning and work environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors to the school campus, while also providing input in regard to safeguarding the security of company assets. RequirementsPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PREREQUISITES:
- Assists as directed with the daily arrival and dismissal of students, including parent pick-up.
- Assists the Principal with safety procedures and drills, according to school policies and procedures.
- Manages the collection, storage, and discard of confiscated items from students as directed, according to school policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance as directed with the training and assignment of contracted uniformed police and security officers, as needed and according to school policies and procedures.
- Assists in conducting required sanitation, safety, and facility readiness, as directed and according to school policies and procedures.
- Efficiently manages and distributes bus passes
- Assists in ensuring that the campus is cleaned to school standards and guidelines.
- Provides assistance in training school staff, as requested, in crisis prevention and other approved school policies and procedures utilized to address and control student violence and aggression.
- Assists in conducting required sanitation and safety surveys according school policies and procedures.
- Assist in all initiatives to ensure school meets defined FTE enrollment and attendance goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned in regard to the position responsibilities that are necessary in order for the school to achieve its educational objectives.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Previous experience in working with disruptive and/or low performing and at-risk youth is preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), along with experience in facilities maintenance is preferred.
Opportunities abound at ALS Education LLC, a leading provider of non-traditional programming for students who are at-risk of dropping out of high school or who have already dropped out and are seeking a second chance. Serving students in some of the largest school districts in Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina, ALS Education LLC manages 21 schools (17 in Florida, 3 In North Carolina, and 1 in Georgia). ALS Education LLC is currently seeking outstanding teachers, leaders, and staff who are committed to helping our students aged 16-21 who have dropped out and need a unique learning environment to thrive and be successful.
Our schools provide students the opportunity to get back on track in their learning by building basic skills and meeting requirements for graduation. Looking beyond graduation, we provide extensive career and college readiness training to prepare students with the skills and planning for life after high school.
We have an increased need for teachers interested in teaching reading, math, science, special education, and English as a second language in an innovative High School Setting.
If you are seeking an opportunity to be part of a mission-driven organization and impact the lives and legacies of students and families, apply now!
- Growing organization with growth opportunities for interested and high performing employees
- Significantly smaller typical student load than a traditional high school (average 50 versus 150 in a traditional high school)
- Minimal daily lesson planning as the core curriculum is computer-driven
- Opportunity to spend instructional time supporting the individual needs of students
- Minimal non-instructional assignments (ie. no cafeteria coverage; afterschool sports or activity supervision)
- 401K with company profit sharing match
- Daily opportunity for additional hourly stipends for the extended school day
- Ability to support students from the beginning to the end of their journey (students don't change teachers year-over-year)