Plans, delivers and evaluates instruction based upon specific standards and objectives established by CCPS. Assists students in learning knowledge and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible citizens. Essential Job Functions
- Plans and delivers appropriate curriculum content to students.
- Plans, teaches and assesses.
- Assesses student learning on an ongoing basis and alters instruction to meet group/individual needs.
- Uses the curriculum of the district to plan daily instructional activities.
- Maintains order within the classroom setting in accordance with division guidelines regarding student behavior management.
- Supervises students in non-classroom time (before school, after school, student activities, fire drills).
- Collaborates with other faculty in planning and delivering instruction to students.
- Communicates regularly with parents.
- Ensures compliance with existing applicable federal and state statutes and local policies, regulations and guidelines related to public schools.
- Demonstrates commitment to improving professional competence.
- Performs other duties as established by School Board Policy.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Working knowledge of the concepts, principles and methodologies of instruction. Working knowledge of academic curriculum for assigned classes. Demonstrated ability to develop instructional goals to design and deliver instruction and to assess students' learning. Demonstrated ability to communicate with others effectively, both orally and in writing. Demonstrated ability in decision making, problem analysis, conflict resolution, interpersonal relationships and planning. Demonstrated ability to instruct students in the developmental and technical aspects of music ( k-5 ); to evaluate and assess music ability in students and to direct, schedule, and coordinate music activities in the school community. Requirements
Bachelor's degree required. Must hold or be eligible for a Virginia teaching license with an endorsement in music.
Applicants considered for employment must successfully complete the following background investigations/tests:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal History Investigation
- State Police Criminal History Investigation
- Child Protective Services (CPS) Investigation
- Tuberculosis Screening/Test
Chesterfield County Public Schools assures Equal Employment Opportunities for employees as required by Federal and State Orders and Laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks. This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. However, administration reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position and does not imply an employment contract.