Below is specific information for you to consider about this position.
Job Title: Teacher, Building Reserve - Northeast Middle School
and Requisition ID number: 81546
Close Date: No established closing date; open until filled
Organizational Unit: Northeast Middle School (10000077)
Site: Northeast (0316)
FTE: 1.0 FTE; 39 weeks
; this is based on full-time equivalency with 1.0 being full time
Functional Area: Teaching
Resume and Cover Letter are mandatory to apply for any position. Benefits Eligible 1.0 FTEBuildingReserveTeacher SUMMARY:
BuildingReserveteachers are responsible for providing continuedbuildingsubstitute teaching coverage for daily teacher absences and vacancies at one designated school site in delivering continuity of student instruction, maintaining the safety of students in a respectful environment, and working collaboratively with district staff. QUALIFICATIONS: -
Hold a Bachelor's Degree
- Hold a Standard Teaching License (Tier 2 - 4) in any content area. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class. Employees are required to be in attendance and prepared to begin work at their assigned work location on the specified days and hours.
Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Teach all classes and complete extra duties as assigned.
- Supervise students at all times.
- Complete the lesson plan provided by the teacher.
- Enforce the rules of the school and classroom.
- Straighten the classroom at the end of the assignment.
- Report to the classroom teacher about student behavior and progress.
- Acquire knowledge of the goals of the Minneapolis Public School District Improvement Agenda and site/school goals. Work to support and achieve those goals.
- Create lessons and learning environments that are safe, respectful and interesting as well as multicultural/gender and ability fair/developmentally appropriate. Select, adapt and individualize materials appropriate for diverse student populations and skill levels.
- Teach students the required curricula using strategies that foster thinking, reasoning and problem solving.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with families in making educational decisions and use family and community resources to support learning.
- Assess students' developmental, cognitive and social needs and provide developmentally appropriate instruction to meet those needs.
- Regularly assess student learning by using multiple forms of assessment.
- Facilitate positive interactions between students and teacher, student and peers and student and other adults.
- Model learning and behavior consistent with the expectations for students.
- Collaborate with peers to develop, plan and implement best practices based on the needs/abilities of the students.
- Participate in site-based management and shared decision-making.
- Always keep the students' needs and rights first and foremost in any educational decision-making.
- Have a working knowledge of and implement the Minnesota State Standards and the District Graduation Requirements.
Bargaining Unit: Teachers (MFT) l Selected Candidates are paid on the Teacher Salary Schedule MPS Offers a Desirable Benefits Package!
Pension Employee Contribution with District Match
MN Deferred Compensation
Eleven (11) Paid Holidays encompassed in Paid Holiday School Breaks
EAP (Employee Assistance Program access to free, confidential consultation with counselors in the areas of personal and work concerns, family issues..)
LegalSheild/IDShield access to legal advice
Wellness and Fitness Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
Flexible Spending Account Optionsand More! PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
Work is performed in a standard classroom environment which requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes or heavier material with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. A job in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage.
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee. Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check. COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY: Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, family care leave status, or veteran status. Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.