Job Title Special Ed, Exceptional Children Assistant Personal Attendant
District Name Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools
Site/Department Name Paisley IB Magnet School 1400 Grant Avenue, Winston Salem, North Carolina, 27105
Posted on Aug 20, 2021,12:01 AM EST
Expiration Date Until Filled
Special Ed, Exceptional Children Assistant Personal Attendant
The purpose of this position is to provide instructional support and assistance to students served by Exceptional Children services through the direction and guidance of certified Exceptional Children educations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Execute lesson plans written according to IEP goals and state learning objectives, seeking clarification as needed.
• Provide instructional support to students in small group and one on one settings.
• Assist in adapting instructional strategies and materials as directed.
• Implement behavior plans and use prescribed strategies to respond to the individual's behavior.
• Monitor student movement in instructional settings such as hallways, cafeterias, bus loading zones, etc. As required ride school bus to and from with the assigned student(s).
• Collect and record data and monitor progress as directed.
• Provide personal care assistance including feeding, bathroom needs, and personal hygiene.
• Provide information to teachers regarding student daily work and behaviors
• Administer tests according to their Individualized Education Plan accommodations as provided by licensed teacher.
• Support children within the classroom on the appropriate behavior in and out the classroom.
• Collaborate with teachers daily to address any instructional strategies.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to communicate clearly in written and electronic formats; as well as; in-person.
• Ability to use a computer or other electronic devices for the purpose of communication, instruction, data recording, and location of information.
• Ability to collaborate with district staff to identify and solve problems.
• Ability to demonstrate patience and compassion when dealing with students and/or parents and their personal and educational needs.
• Skill in identifying student learning and personal needs and collaborating with supervising teacher to provide needed resources or interventions.
External Employees: Temporary Position. Must work at least 30 working days, and up to 180 working days, to be eligible for hire.
• Minimum: Associates Degree or two years of higher education equivalent to 48 credit hours or ability to pass a formal assessment (NC DOL Apprenticeship Program or NC ATA Professional Development Plan).
• Preferred: Associates Degree with a concentration in Education and one year working with Exceptional Children.
When applying, please make sure to include all prior experience in your TeacherMatch Personal Portfolio(Application).
Please provide at least two references. One must be the current or most recent supervisor and the other a previous supervisor.