Substitute/ Long-Term Substitute Teacher
Additional Information: Show/Hide The filling of this position is based upon continued funding in the Board of Education budget. Note: Teachers dually certified in TESOL, Bilingual Education or ESL, with experience in Sheltered Instruction or fluency in a language other than English, will be given preference for all Stamford Public School positions.Job Description -
Mathematics Teacher General Statement:
A competent Mathematics Teacher
understands growth and development, demonstrates knowledge of what is to be taught and facility in the basic skills and helps students to develop positive self-concepts. The Mathematics Teacher
stimulates the independence of each student as a learner, effectively assesses student needs and progress, and plans instruction to achieve selected objectives, including those appropriate for exceptional students. The Mathematics Teacher
accomplishes these objectives through effective communication with students, parents and colleagues, and through the use of appropriate techniques and materials in a positive climate where time, space and equipment are effectively organized for instruction. In addition, the Mathematics Teacher
meets professional responsibility for continuing growth and fosters cooperative involvement with parents and the community. Major Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates facility in the skills of reading, writing and mathematics.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the subject to be taught.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development as it relates to the teaching-learning process.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the American public school system.
- Plans instruction to achieve selected objectives.
- Effectively implements instructional plans and uses appropriate instructional techniques.
- Effectively communicates with students.
- Helps students develop positive self-concepts.
- Facilitates the independence of the student as learner.
- Effectively organizes time, space, materials and equipment for instruction.
- Effectively assesses student needs and progress.
- Effectively meets the needs of exceptional students.
- Establishes a positive learning environment.
- Meets professional responsibilities.
- Encourages and maintains the cooperative involvement and support of parents and the community.
- A valid Connecticut teacher certificate in 029-Mathematics, 7-12 or 229-Mathematics, Middle School, 4–8
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching the subject area(s) and/or instructional levels targeted.
- Evidence of ability to work cooperatively with administrators, teachers and paraeducators.
- Evidence of organizational ability and willingness to pursue tasks to successful completion.
- Superior communication skills (oral and written).
- Knowledge of and/or demonstrate the ability to learn and implement Operating Systems (i.e. Windows); Office suites (i.e. Microsoft Office, Google Docs); Presentation Software (i.e. PowerPoint, Keynote); Spreadsheets (i.e. Excel, Google Spreadsheets); Communication and Collaboration tools (i.e. Skype); Accounting Software (i.e. QuickBooks); Student Information Systems (i.e. Naviance, Power School); or any other technology deemed relevant for this position.
This assignment is expected to continue for more than 40 days, and therefore we are seeking a certified candidate. If you are not currently certified in CT, but hold a Bachelor's degree and 12 credits in the content area to be taught, we will apply to the CSDE for Long-Term Substitute Authorization.Compensation:
$105 per day for the first 30 days; $155 from the 31st day through the duration of the assignmentApplication Procedures:
Online application is required.