Education Implementation Specialist & Consultant - Washington & Oregon remote - Up to $110k/y+ ($75k/y + $35k bonus) + Equity
SAM Labs is an award-winning EdTech start-up. Founded in 2014, growing fast, making a difference, and venture capital funded. With over 5,000 school customers in 60+ countries already using SAM Labs products and lesson materials, SAM Labs is looking for more talent to join its team!
SAM Labs inspires generations of problem solvers with Coding and STEAM. We empower teachers with innovative curriculum resources, tools, and the mindset to do so. Teachers and students learn with SAM Labs kits and lessons by designing anything from energy efficient lighting grids for ‘smart’ cities to solar-powered habitats for endangered species - all the while meeting curriculum standards.
We are looking for an Education Implementation Specialist to connect and engage with the STEM, STEAM, and Coding communities and curious districts.
Driven by passion, data, and collaboration, we are on a mission to be the leading player in the future of education. As the Education Consultant & Implementation Specialist in Washington & Oregon, you will play a crucial role in our continued growth and success.
This role will be based remote, from your home, and covering your designated territory. Given that we have further teams across the USA, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia, you will be working in a truly global environment.
At SAM Labs we are optimists. We value creativity, action, hard work, ownership, transparency and fun. If you do too, join us!
- Engage (Community & Nurturing)
- Engage with STEM, STEAM, and Coding online networks (Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, Facebook)
- Speak at, and run, workshops at local and national Education conferences to share SAM Labs' findings with educators (CSTA, CUE, STEM Networks) expected to attend/run 2 events per week on average (live or virtual)
- Support local grassroots initiatives
- Discover and engage with new networks
- Educate (Pre-sales & Needs assessment)
- Fulfil an integral part of the sales process by providing customer presentations to K12 prospects - Speak effectively about SAM Labs’ pedagogy to educators across district roles
- Reach the best balance of products and services support for clients to meet their educational goals and strategy
- Implement (Deployment & Onboarding)
- Transition the pre-sales planning to the Education Consultants team for them to take over Deployment and Onboarding
- Gain customer insights from visiting schools, exhibitions, sales conferences, workshops and launch events contributing to longer term product development
- Share successes with the rest of the Sales, Marketing, Product, and Ops team to improve our collective performance and share knowledge
- Are based in either Washington or Oregon
- Have taught or coordinated STEM, Coding, or STEAM, in Elementary, or Middle school or across the district for at least 3 years in the past 5 years.
- Are comfortable organizing and running community and teaching events for students, teachers, educators at all levels in and outside a classroom
- Are well connected within the Education sector in your region
- Have an agile, data-driven, approach and thrive in the dynamic environment of a start-up
- Are able to be highly strategic, yet also roll up your sleeves and do things out of your own initiative
- Are willing to travel regionally and nationally
- Have excellent writing, presenting, and conversational skills
The Process (Stage Gates)
- Application Review
- First Written Assignment
- Second Written Assignment
- Education Specialist Interview (30min)
- Hiring Manager & CEO interview (1h)
You'll be part of a team that is actively changing education for the lives of many and bringing 500 million students to high-skills, high-paying jobs.
At SAM Labs we move at high speed and will provide you with immense opportunities for initiative, creativity, and ownership. In addition to that we have created the following ‘more tangible’ benefits for you:
- 10 days paid time off + 9 paid holidays
- Sick days in line with statutory requirements
- Personal Development & Training allowance
- 401 K offered and company contribution towards medical, dental, and vision