TEACHER - CAMPUS (CERTIFIED)/ENG-LANG ARTS TCHRDate Posted:
SPRING HSJOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE
: Teacher - High School REPORTS TO:
Principal WAGE/HOUR STATUS
: Exempt PAY GRADE:
Teacher Salary Scale DAYS
: 187 MINIMUM
: $57,425PRIMARY PURPOSE :
The High School Teacher is responsible for implementing the District instructional program and educational philosophy in the subject area or grade level designated in accordance with District goals, policies and procedures.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support organizational goals, communicate in a clear and respectful manner, championing the needs of our students and drive continuous improvement.QUALIFICATIONS: Required:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned At least one year of student teaching or approved internship Knowledge of subjects assigned General knowledge of curriculum and instruction Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills Ability to analyze student performance data Knowledge of lesson design qualities Knowledge of Professional Learning Communities Willingness to work in small learning communities MAJOR REPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Teaches in accordance with staff assignment.
- Displays effective teaching practices in an effort to ensure authentic student engagement and learning.
- Designs effective lesson plans with immediate and long-range goals.
- Designs lesson that demonstrate real world relevance and integration.
- Uses time effectively.
- Chooses appropriate materials and activities.
- Presents subject matter clearly and interestingly.
- Coordinates and plans with team members.
- Monitors student performance using formative and summative assessments.
- Analyzes student performance data and develops a plain for student success.
- Implements the RTO process when appropriate.
- Participates in professional learning communities.
- Utilizes technology to support, and enhance instructions.
- Work on inter-disciplinary teams to focus on curriculum integration, relevance and student success.
- Administers the classroom to create an environment conducive to learning.
- Organizes procedures for effective classroom management.
- Organizes the assigned teaching area in an efficient, appealing, and safe manner.
- Provides flexibility for individual and group activities.
- Practices positive discipline techniques that help students gain self-control and responsibility for their actions.
- Maintains a positive, accepting attitude in working with students.
- Works individually with students in a tutorial setting.
- Cooperates with school personnel in providing for student welfare.
- Supervises behavior and safety of students in classes, between classes and during school-related activities on and off campus.
- Works with counselors, administrators, parents and other staff members to place students in the most effective educational setting.
- Instruct students in school safety and emergency drill procedures.
- Participates in special activities and programs provided for students and parents.
- Cooperates with and supports the co-curricular activities provided for students.
- Participates in the co-curricular activities appropriate to the subject area or area of interest.
- Works with appropriate administrators and maintenance staff to ensure student safety in the classroom, hallways, laboratories and other school facilities.
- Initiates communications with parents.
- Inform parents of students' progress.
- Keeps parents informed of any behavior or attendance issues.
- Cooperates with appropriate record keeping system.
- Administers an appropriate record keeping system.
- Maintains accurate and up to date records for student performance in on-line gradebook.
- Maintains accurate attendance records as required by building, District and state regulations.
- Maintains accurate records for all textbooks, materials and funds provided by the District.
- Maintains records of parent contacts, conferences, disciplinary measures and referrals.
- Meets required record keeping format and timelines effectively.
- Exemplifies professionalism in behavior and performance.
- Cooperates with staff and administrators, sharing work willingly.
- Works with team leaders, department chair and principal to benefit from evaluation by using strengths and improving areas of need.
- Exemplifies professionalism and supports the District vision and campus mission.
- Promotes understanding of District programs and policies and creates a positive attitude toward the teaching profession.
- Remains current in education, technology and the specific areas of instruction though literature, workshops, conferences, professional organizations and college courses.
- Adheres to the Texas Education Code of Ethics and supports the District philosophy.
- Complies with all State, District and campus policies and procedures.
- Responsible for knowing and completing campus improvement activities as outlined in the campus improvement plan.
- Performs other appropriate duties as assigned by the principal.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: physical mobility, standing, prolonged sitting, some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling. This position will also require both traveling within the district and state wide. Mental demands: Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations; ability to interpret a variety of data; ability to interpret TEC and policy; ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory, ability to be effective in both oral and written communication; ability to maintain emotional control under stress.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.