Student Support Services
Student Support Services & Operations
CLASS TITLE: Plant Maintenance Coordinator
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Plant Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for the maintenance and coordination of the plant safety systems, such as fire prevention systems, elevators, building security, snow removal and overall daily plant maintenance in order to maintain a level of safety for all.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general supervision of the Senior Manager of Facilities and Capital Planning with some latitude for the exercise of independent judgement; work is reviewed usually upon completion for conformance to established policies, rules regulations and procedures
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED: This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Facilities and Capital Planning, the Plant Maintenance Coordinator will:
• Act as the main point of contact for the day-to-day needs of all buildings in the school district
• Regularly inspect all fire equipment and manage third party service provider to maintain minimal downtime throughout the school district.
• Facilitate and maintain records of quarterly testing reports on fire alarms and sprinkler systems and elevators, as well as records of all repairs and replacements
• Work with the Office of the Fire Marshal to ensure safety across the school district throughout the year
• Oversee all inspections required on elevators throughout the school district, to include; annual, three year, and five year mandatory inspections and ensure all proper inspection documentation is recorded. Work with the individual school buildings to ensure updated inspection certificates are displayed at all times.
• Oversee the addition or repair of cameras, card readers, door buzzers and monitors as needed throughout the school district in a timely manner. Manage third party security vendor to ensure that all security equipment, including cameras, card readers, door buzzers and monitors, is operating at maximum efficiency. Respond to all service calls received from schools in relation to security concerns. Coordinate all access requests to ensure that PPSD personnel has appropriate access level.
• Responsible for the removal of snow from parking lots, playground areas and sidewalks from assigned locations. Ensure safe passage on all school grounds for students, staff and visitors.
• .Manage third party snow removal vendor, potentially for after-hours operations, to ensure that school grounds are safe for students, parents and visitors.
• Work closely with individual schools to maintain a safe environment for all students, staff and community members.
• Assist in the creation of RFPs, when requested.
• Follow up daily will all schools and vendors in regard to any work that is in progress and communicate to the appropriate stakeholders.
• Conduct walk throughs of buildings to spot check for any issues that could impact the operation of the facility and the safety of occupants.
• Enter work orders for identified repairs and track those work orders to ensure proper completion
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR APPOINTMENT:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND CAPACITIES: (Identify the knowledge, skills and capacities in order of importance); and related capacities and abilities.
• Must be organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Demonstrated efficient organizational skills.
• Must possess clear and effective communication skills with superiors, school administrators and vendors.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage third party service providers, especially during emergencies and tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors and associates, community groups, and a diverse general public, and vendors working directly with Plant Maintenance
• Willingness to work flexible and extended hours, as needed, is mandatory.
• Must have the knowledge and skills to build positive relationships with people from diverse populations
• Commitment to the mission and vision of PPSD and the relevance of job functions to that mission and vision
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: High school diploma is required. Minimum of an Associate's degree is preferred.
Or, any combination of education and experience that shall be substantially equivalent to the above education and experience.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: AHERA Certificate of Training is preferred.
Bilingual is preferred
Salary Range: $73, 242- 84,012