A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
The Grapher, Activity Specialist will work as a member of the Graphing Team, which itself is part of the larger Amplify Math Curriculum Team. The Activity Specialist creates digital lessons, practice, and assessments for Amplify Math. The Activity Specialist reports to the Managing Editor, Digital Curriculum.In general, Amplify Math lessons (and their digital lesson counterparts):
Responsibilities of the Grapher, Activity Specialist:
- are consistent with a student-centered, problem-based pedagogical philosophy
- foster a social, collaborative learning environment
- teach and demonstrate math in an engaging way
- help students identify as mathematicians
- demonstrate the utility, power, and beauty of math
- assist educators in orchestrating productive mathematical discussions
Basic Qualifications of the Grapher, Activity Specialist:
- Adapt print-based lessons, practice, and assessments into digital lessons, practice, and assessments
- Revise digital content based on feedback from the Lead Editorial Grapher, the Curriculum Team, and the Digital Production team.
- Meet weekly with representatives of the Curriculum Team in ideating digital activities and sharing digital content authored to date
- Work with Design team in integrating images and illustrations into digital lessons
- Tag content with appropriate metadata, including standards and scoring
- Participate in workshops with Curriculum and Design teams
- Work with Graphing Specialists to incorporate complex digital graphs or manipulatives into lessons and other activities
Preferred Qualifications of the Grapher, Activity Specialist:
- At least one year of experience with web-based mathematical authoring tools and graphing calculators, including Desmos Activity Builder or GeoGebra
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, mathematics education, or another quantitative field
- Comfort in the following mathematical domains:
- Advanced algebra
- Basic tutoring or teaching experience, including online or as a teaching assistant
- Proficiency using digital teamwork tools, including spreadsheets and Google Drive
- Ability to travel to Amplify's New York Office Headquarters for occasional workshops
- Face-to-face classroom teaching experience, at any grade level
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.