Position Type:Date Posted:
Elementary School Teaching/Mathematics
41370 - St. Francis Borgia School
St. Francis Borgia is seeking a dynamic, collaborative and passionate educator to teach Advanced Math for the 2021-2022 school year.
Teaching in one of the Archdiocese of Chicago Catholic Elementary Schools is a rewarding experience for anyone who believes in the power of education and the strength of faith. As one of the largest private school systems in the nation with approximately 200 schools across Cook and Lake Counties, we are not just committed to our students' success, but also your professional and spiritual success. With a wide range of positions and school locations, we offer our teachers the flexibility and resources they need to succeed at our award-winning schools.
The Archdiocese of Chicago complies with all laws concerning nondiscrimination in employment. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, age, unfavorable discharge from military service, arrest record, or mental or physical handicap unrelated to ability to perform the duties of the position. It is our policy to offer reasonable accommodations for the special needs of otherwise handicapped individuals. We seek innovators, collaborators and problem-solvers who believe that socio-economic status should not determine access to or achievement in this global economy. Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Teachers should have the ability to make instructional decisions to tailor to the different learning styles of their students. Despite student's learning level in Advanced Math, the subject is often a challenge for students, therefore it is the goal of a math teacher to facilitate growth through challenge for their students. A math teacher should motivate learning through the context of a semi-structured problem grounded in real world application. Teachers should be committed to the future success of all their students. An advanced math teacher should be able to support a mastery-based learning environment and lead students to meet ambitious academic goals. A successful teacher should incorporate technology into their lesson plan in order to enhance the experience of their students.
· Minimum of a bachelor's degree is required
· Valid state teaching licensure (we accept out-of-state teaching licenses)
· 1 to 3 years teaching experience
· Experience teaching through remote learning platforms
· Teach and act in accordance with the mission of the Catholic faith.
· Communicate regularly with students, parents/guardians, colleagues, and principal
· Participate in professional development programs required by the Archdiocese of Chicago and/or the local school and parish
· Perform teaching duties as assigned by the principal, including but not limited to providing remote instruction for students
· Attend required faculty and staff meetings
· Cooperate with the principal and staff members in school related meetings, activities, and projects
· Maintain accurate student attendance and academic records
· Maintain a safe, orderly, and secure learning environment
· Participate in the annual performance review
· Maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding school personnel, students, and general school matters
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee must frequently move, stand, and lift up to 10 pounds. As well as be able to walk up and down steps several times each day and physically respond quickly in an emergency.
· Application through Frontline/Applitrack
· Resume /CV
· Cover letter
· Teaching Licensure or acceptance in alternative licensure program· Professional reference letter/s