Position Type:Date Posted:
Elementary School Teaching/Primary - Grades 1, 2, 3
43930 - Queen of the Universe School
Queen of the Universe is seeking a passionate, collaborative and dynamic 3rd Grade teacher for the 2021-2022 school year.
Teaching in one of the Archdiocese of Chicago Catholic Elementary Schools is a rewarding experience for anyone who believes in the power of education and the strength of faith. As one of the largest private school systems in the nation with approximately 200 schools across Cook and Lake Counties, we are not just committed to our students' success, but also your professional and spiritual success. With a wide range of positions and school locations, we offer our teachers the flexibility and resources they need to succeed at our award-winning schools.
The Archdiocese of Chicago complies with all laws concerning nondiscrimination in employment. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, age, unfavorable discharge from military service, arrest record, or mental or physical handicap unrelated to ability to perform the duties of the position. It is our policy to offer reasonable accommodations for the special needs of otherwise handicapped individuals. We seek innovators, collaborators and problem-solvers who believe that socio-economic status should not determine access to or achievement in this global economy. Minorities are encouraged to apply.
About Queen of the Universe
Queen of the Universe School is a Big Shoulders Fund covered school with a diverse faculty in the West Lawn neighborhood.
The 3rd grade teacher will have a small class size and have access to support and resources from Big Shoulders and federal funding. 3rd grade teachers are expected to be organized, open, and positive with their students, inspiring creative and academic success. Teachers should provide engaging coursework and catering to diverse student needs. Successful candidates will have ample experience implementing a diverse and creative curriculum to students of different learning styles. By engaging with coursework and promoting group learning, teachers should guide students as they develop the educational and spiritual foundation necessary to enter intermediate grades.
· Minimum of a bachelor's degree is required
· Valid state teaching licensure (we accept out-of-state teaching licenses)
· 1 to 3 years teaching experience
· Experience teaching through remote learning platforms
· Teach and act in accordance with the mission of the Catholic faith.
· Communicate regularly with students, parents/guardians, colleagues, and principal
· Participate in professional development programs required by the Archdiocese of Chicago and/or the local school and parish
· Perform teaching duties as assigned by the principal, including but not limited to providing remote instruction for students
· Attend required faculty and staff meetings
· Cooperate with the principal and staff members in school related meetings, activities, and projects
· Maintain accurate student attendance and academic records
· Maintain a safe, orderly, and secure learning environment
· Participate in the annual performance review
· Maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding school personnel, students, and general school matters
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee must frequently move, stand, and lift up to 10 pounds. As well as be able to walk up and down steps several times each day and physically respond quickly in an emergency.
· Application through Frontline/Applitrack
· Resume /CV
· Cover letter
· Teaching Licensure or acceptance in alternative licensure program· Professional reference letter/s