Food Service Worker
Propel Schools is seeking a motivated Food Service Worker
Propel Braddock Hills Elementary School. This position is responsible for the timely assembly, final preparation and service of nutritionally-appropriate and attractive meals. Practices appropriate food handling techniques and food safety procedures in all aspects of job. This position works Monday through Friday 7:30am-1:30 pm.Responsibilities:
- This position will prepare cafeteria line for service with proper measurement and portion; prepare hot and cold food items and general cleaning.
- Accurately register all sales while maintaining security of all monies in and around the cash registers. Notifies supervisor/manager of any portion discrepancies immediately.
- Perform routine temperature sanitization assessments in accordance with department procedures and health department guidelines.
- Perform routine duties including; sweep and sanitize, cafeteria, kitchen and appliances, oven, counter tops, carts, and tables; Sanitize work areas in accordance with department procedures and health department guidelines.
- Proper preparation of fresh fruits and vegetables. Maintain food safety and quality while practicing proper food handling techniques.
- Accept, process, and prepare field trip orders.
- Receive, check, and stock delivery inventory.
- Track, record, and report student count summary and production reports.
- Run daily sale and activity reports.
- Adheres to hand hygiene and infection control procedures on a consistent basis when interacting with customers.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills on a consistent basis.
- Responsible for dropping cash deposit to bank weekly.
- Comply with all school/department policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or GED required OR 1 year experience in lieu of High school diploma/GED.
- Ability to use Food Service equipment. Prior food service experience preferred.
- Must possess ability to accurately count and perform basic mathematical functions
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in order to successfully complete Food Service duties.
- Basic knowledge of computer software.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- TB Test
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Act 114 FBI Clearance
- Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance
- Mandated Reporter Training
- Act 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure
- Act 24 Arrest and Conviction Disclosure