Company DescriptionAbout KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey is part of the nationally recognized "Knowledge Is Power Program" network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools dedicated to preparing students for success in college and in life. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark's South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to educate 7,035 students in grades K-12 across 15 schools in Newark and Camden. More than 90% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced meals.
By 2025, KIPP New Jersey will have fifteen schools in Newark and five in Camden providing a world-class education to over 10,300 students. To learn more, visit www.kippnj.org .Job DescriptionWe're growing!
We are looking for teachers for all grade levels (K-4) for existing and founding schools!Teacher in Residence (TiR)
KIPP New Jersey has designed the Teacher in Residence program to help aspiring teachers to get hands-on experience and the certification they need to become excellent teachers at KIPP's world-class schools. As a TiR, you will fuse theory and practice as you work alongside experienced teachers in the classroom while earning your teaching certification. Here's what you need to know:
We're looking for Teachers in Residence (TiR) for the 2021-22 school year! Our elementary school is seeking awe-inspiring teachers to guide our students as they climb the mountain to college and beyond. Our teachers are dynamic leaders both in and outside of their classroom. They love students, working with families and the community they serve. Here's what you'll be doing:
Joining our schools as a teacher in residence comes with the opportunity for significant growth and development but with great power comes great responsibility. Your role as a Teacher in Residence (TiR) will involve a number of responsibilities which include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with an experienced lead classroom teacher to create lesson plans, teach, and reflect on lessons as well as assess and collect and use data to inform
- Build positive relationships with students and families to become part of your school community
- Provide small group instruction
- Assist with diagnostic and progress monitoring testing across the school
- Communicate consistently with families about student progress
- Attend and actively participate in professional development opportunities to support continuous growth
- Attend the graduate course program that we provide through our partnership with Relay Graduate School of Education that prepares you to obtain your Standard Teaching Certification and become a highly qualified teacher.
Nice to Haves:
- A belief in every student's limitless potential
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (Transcripts showing degree conferred will be required prior to start date)
- A minimum cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 if graduation date is after 2016 or minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 if degree conferred before 2016
- Ability to become certified in the State of New Jersey and pass the state licensure exam
- Formal teaching experience is not necessary but some experience with children is preferred
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
- Ability to be reflective and see feedback as a gift that helps you learn and grow
- You have the passion and drive to work with students and put them on a path to college and beyond
Additional InformationCompensation & Benefits
- A belief that all students deserve a world class education which can be achieved through education reform
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP NJ offers a full comprehensive benefits plan, including health care, retirement, an optional subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop and transportation benefits for TEAMmates commuting into New Jersey from the New York City area.
KIPP New Jersey | KIPP Miami is an equal opportunity employer