Title: Event Coordinator
The Academy of the Holy Names is an independent, Catholic, coeducational elementary school and a college preparatory high school for young women, sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary. Our mission is to develop the spiritual, academic, personal, and physical growth of each student within an atmosphere of care and concern while providing quality educational opportunities for students of diverse ethnic, economic, and religious backgrounds, and encouraging each student to realize his/her full potential as an intelligent and culturally, spiritually, and socially aware individual.
Employment Opportunity: The Academy of the Holy Names seeks an Event Coordinator for the Advancement department for the 2021-2022 school year. This is a one-year full-time, 12-month position, Monday through Friday, with some weekend and evening assignments, commencing in September 2021 through June 2022. The coordinator reports to the Director of Advancement.
Position Summary: The Events Coordinator plays a vital role in the execution of parent, alumni, and donor events. Must be able to work independently and have strong interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills. A high degree of flexibility and time management is required to coordinate multiple events and associated activities including working with outside vendors. The Events Coordinator must be computer literate including proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs with an emphasis on Word, Excel, and Publisher. Proficiency with Veracross is a plus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Collects and distributes mail daily.
2. Maintains office supplies.
3. Coordinates all facilities and work requests.
4. Reconciles the Holy Names Alumni Association (HNAA) checking account.
5. Prepares materials for the HNAA board meetings.
6. Maintains the IA Budget Spreadsheets, submits check requests, reconciles department VISA for Business Office.
7. Has secondary responsibility for the Sr. Endowment Kick-off, New Parent Social, Alumni Dinner, Legacy Society Christmas Luncheon, the HNAA Spring Inductions, Silver Coffee, Easter Egg Hunt, Alumni Reunion Weekend, Scholarship Donor Appreciation Luncheon, BMR Dinner, Faculty/Staff End of the Year and Welcome Back Breakfasts, Trunk-or-Treat, Christmas Lunch and Young Alumni Holiday Mixer, By the Bay Auction, President Meet & Greets, as well as other Advancement events that may be planned to reach strategic goals.
8. Sr. Endowment Kick-off - Helps coordinate invitation production and manages RSVPs, name tags, works with the caterer, executes event set-up, check-in, and clean-up
New Parent Socials - Helps coordinate invitation production and manages RSVPs, name tags, executes event set-up, check-in, and clean-up.
9. Alumni Dinner - Helps coordinate invitation and program production; manages RSVPs and name tags. Manages auction bid sheets; attends the event to assist with set-up, clean-up, and seating arrangements; runs silent auction set-up, check-in, and check-out
10. Christmas Lunch and Young Alumni Holiday Mixer - Helps coordinate invitation production, works with the caterer, manages RSVPs. Helps set up both events and cleans up lunch; attends Mixer to assist with check-in
11. HNAA Spring Inductions - Helps coordinate invitation and program production and prints certificates; help with set-up and clean-up as needed
12. Silver Coffee - Helps coordinate invitation, produces nametags, senior board biographies, works with the caterer, assists with set-up, clean-up and assists during the event
13. Alumni Easter Egg Hunt - Helps coordinate invitation production and manages RSVPs and name tags; arranges Easter Bunny, photographer, Ambassadors, event set-up, check-in, and clean-up
14. BMR/President's Reception - Helps coordinate invitation and printed material production and manages RSVPs and name tags, executes set-up, check-in, and clean-up
15. Trunk-or-Treat - Assists with mailers, manages RSVPs, and assists day of the event (including clean-up)
16. Legacy Society Christmas Luncheon - Helps coordinate program production and manages RSVPs (including name tags and table numbers); executes set-up and check-in
17. By the Bay Auction - Helps coordinate invitation and printed material production, assists in all functions of the event as needed, including RSVPs and nametags, help with set-up, check-in, check-out, and other event activities (including clean-up)
18. Scholarship Donor Appreciation Luncheon - Helps coordinate invitation and program production and manages RSVPs (including name tags, table numbers), set-up, check-in, and clean-up
Assists with the Dads Club golf tournament day of the event (if needed).
19. Faculty and Staff End of Year Breakfast and Welcome Back Breakfast - Assists during the functions and with clean-up.
20. Alumni Reunion Weekend - Manages RSVPs (including name tags), produces program for Mass, assists with set-up prior to the event. During the event, coordinates check-in for Mass and Brunch and clean-up. Assists Alumni Director and HNAA Board, as necessary.
21. Coordinates refreshments for Parent Annual Fund Phonathon and Alumni Phonathon.
22. Coordinates refreshments for school mass receptions.
No phone calls, please.
The Academy of the Holy Names does not discriminate on the basis of race, faith (except for ministerial/leadership positions), nationality, or ethnic origin in its hiring process nor in the administration of educational policies, admission policies, or tuition-assistance programs, athletics, or other school-administered programs. The school admits students of any race, faith, nationality, or ethnic origin, and gives to all students rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to all members of the student body. In accordance with its mission, the school seeks a population composed of many different voices, viewpoints, and backgrounds. The Academy of the Holy Names is a designated drug-free workplace. Offers of employment are contingent upon passing a drug screening and criminal background check.