Position Type:Date Posted:
Support Staff/Teacher Assistant/Aide
42950 - St. Mary of the Woods School
St Mary of the Woods is seeking a dynamic, collaborative, professional and enthusiastic K-1 Teacher's Aide for the 2021-2022 school year. Full time position available.
Teacher's Aide Position Summary
Our teachers' aides work hard to create a cohesive and inviting environment. A successful candidate will be passionate, loving, responsible, and communicative. The teachers' aide will assist the teacher in the classroom with all of the classroom duties. The teacher's aide allows for a smooth and nurturing learning environment for our learners.
The best candidates will relate well to children, and have an abundance of kindness, energy and patience while working with the students. The teachers' aide is responsible for assisting children individually or in small groups to reinforce learning concepts presented by the teachers and help students master assignments. Teachers' aides will also provide individual assistance to student experiencing learning difficulty, explain errors answer questions, assist in research, and clarify directions.
· Highschool Diploma or GED equivalent
· Experience working with Children
· Bachelor's Degree
· Teach and act in accordance with the mission of the Catholic faith.
· Communicate regularly with students, parents/guardians, colleagues, and principal.
· Participate in professional development programs required by the Archdiocese of Chicago and/or the local school and parish.
· Perform duties as assigned by the principal
· Attend required faculty and staff meetings.
· Maintain accurate student attendance and academic records.
· Maintain a safe, orderly, and secure learning environment.
· Participate in the annual performance review.
· Maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding school personnel, students, and general school matters.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must frequently move, stand, and lift up to 10 pounds.
· Resume /CV
· Cover letter
· Professional reference letter/s
The Archdiocese of Chicago complies with all laws concerning nondiscrimination in employment. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, age, unfavorable discharge from military service, arrest record, or mental or physical handicap unrelated to ability to perform the duties of the position. It is our policy to offer reasonable accommodations for the special needs of otherwise handicapped individuals. We seek innovators, collaborators and problem-solvers who believe that socio-economic status should not determine access to or achievement in this global economy