Student Support - Salaried/CLAS - 7491 - FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER COORDDate Posted:
CLAYS MILL ELEMENTARYDate Available:
21/22 School YearClosing Date:
Family Resource/Youth Service Center Coordinator REPORTS TO:
Principal/Coordinator of Guidance, Social Work, FRYSC and ESS SUPERVISES:
Resource Center Clerks, Assistants, College Interns and Volunteers JOB FUNCTION:
Create community partnerships that are dedicated to helping students and their families overcome barriers that keep studentS from succeeding in school, coordinate existing family and youth support services as needed and resources permit. MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Increase students' abilities to succeed and grow in school by developing and sustaining partnerships in the following areas as indicated by IC and FRYSC state reports:
- Early learning and successful transition into school
- Academic achievement and well-being
- Graduation and transition into adult life
- Close achievement and opportunity gaps
- Improve learning, culture and environment
- Increase student, family and community engagement
- Decrease/remove barriers to learning and student academic achievement as indicated by IC and FRYSC state reports
- Successfully implement the mandated FRYSC Core Components as evidenced by the FRYSC State Monitoring Tool, district and state monitoring visits
- Increase the reflection of the grant core and optional components based on the FRYSC on-going needs assessment and evaluation of the school/community needs and available resources in partnership as indicated by the school's Comprehensive School Improvement Plan
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Plan, coordinate and implement center Continuation Program Plan.
- Market and publicize the Center.
- Provide outreach to target population via home visits, neighborhood, church meetings, etc.
- Conduct on-going needs assessments.
- Develop relationships with community staff providing services to center
- Evaluate and monitor program components.
- Provide referral information to families.
- Serve on Center Advisory Council.
- Adhere to the deadlines and timelines set forth by the district and state office for documentation and submission as required.
- Attend and participate in district, regional and state required meetings and trainings.
- Successfully participate with the school student support professional team (SAT, PBIS Tier Team, MTSS Team, etc.)
- Maintain a clean, neat and organized center.
- Follow guidelines outlined in the CHR Program Contract.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate in more than one language or the willingness to learn to communicate in more than one language at the novice level of proficiency.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Skills in communicating with multicultural populations.
- Child development and family interactions.
- Child/family assessment skills.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Public speaking/writing skills.
- Broad knowledge of public and private human resources.
- Supervisory skills.
- Effective budget management skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Motivate and work cooperatively with children, certified and classified staff, parents, school administrators, and community agency personnel.
- Budget Resource Center funds.
- Manage time efficiently.
- Plan programs.
- Make agency referrals.
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following areas:Social Work, Psychology, Family Studies, Child Development, Education or other fields with relevant experience; and three (3) years of successful experience.
- Prefer youth specific experience for Youth Service Center Coordinator and family specific experience for Family Resource Center Coordinator.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull light weights, up to 30 pounds.
Apply online Selection Procedure:
Contact Person: Grant Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org)