Custodian I - 12 month, Night (2:00 PM to 10:30 PM)
Princess Anne Elementary School
Classified - Position - CustodianJob Number
3700180917Start Date Open Date
07/27/2021Closing Date GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs routine custodial work in maintaining the cleanliness of school buildings and surrounding grounds. An employee in this position receives classroom and hands-on-training in the use of cleaning tools, equipment and supplies, and safety and personal protection necessary to perform custodial work.ESSENTIAL TASKS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Clean the cafeteria after each lunch bell, clean tables, realign chairs, mop cafeteria.
- Pick-up paper and trash in bathrooms and hallways, clean up spills such as vomit and other mistakes which come from children or other adults.
- Pick-up paper and trash around school and grounds.
- Dump trash in classrooms, clean chalkboards every day, sweep the floors of the classrooms, dust each room high and low, and set classrooms back up for the next day.
- Wash off desks for students and teachers, move classroom desks and tables from one part of the school to another, which sometimes is either up or down stairs.
- Set up for PTA in cafeteria, auditorium, library and set them back up for the next day.
- Set up for special events and meetings.
- Vacuum floors, shampoo carpets, wash walls, fix lockers, clean rooms once after school programs are finished, wash windows, wash off graffiti, wash bathroom stalls.
- Mop bathrooms after cleaning, mop and wax hallway and classrooms floors.
- Secure and lock all classrooms and outside doors at the end of the school day.
- Clean teacher's lounge.
- Perform related work as required.
Some knowledge of cleaning methods, materials and equipment; ability to understand and follow simple oral and written directions; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and school staff; basic ability to read and speak/understand English. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCERequired:
GED or some high school.Preferred:
High School Diploma. Some custodial experience.
A comparable amount of training and experience maybe substituted for the minimum qualifications.HOW TO APPLY
Please see "Job Posting Link" below for a complete job description.
External Applicants: If you are interested in applying for this position, you must create an account. Please select "Login and Apply" from the bottom of this posting. After creating an account, please login, complete the online application, and apply for this job.
Eligible Internal Applicants: Follow these instructions to complete a transfer application. After creating an account, please complete the application and apply for this job.Reports To
Alison Reddy, PrincipalFull Time or Part Time?
Full TimeJob Posting Link
http://www.vbschools.com/UserFiles/Servers/Server_78010/File/Employment/Apply Now/Resources/jobs/CustodianI.pdfSalary Range: From/To
Hourly rate starting at $11.60
Salary will be based on creditable years of full-time, verified work experience. Entry Level salary will be awarded at the time of hire. Upon the return of the Employment Verification Forms from the candidate's current and previous employers, the salary will be adjusted if creditable full-time experience is confirmed.
VBCPS offers a full range of benefits including health insurance, paid life insurance, paid sick/annual leave, tuition reimbursement, professional development and membership in the Virginia Retirement System.
Unified Experience-Based Step Pay Scale: Grade 5FTE
2021-2022 School YrCustodial Services Skills
Cleaning/disinfecting/sanitation, Dusting/polishing, Sweeping/mopping/vacuuming, Emptying trash/recycling, Heavy equipment usage: buffer, scrubber, burnisherAdditional Job Information
A minimum of three references are required in the reference section of your application. One of the three must be a current or most recent former supervisor.
Virginia Beach City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, disability, marital status, age, genetic information or veteran status in its programs and activities. (Reference: School Board Policies 2-33, 4-4, 4-6)
To seek resolution of grievances resulting from alleged discrimination or to report violations of these policies, please contact the Chief Human Resources Officer at (757) 263-1133, 2512 George Mason Drive, Municipal Center, Building 6, Virginia Beach, VA, 23456.
Alternative formats of this application which may include taped, Braille, or large print materials are available upon request for individuals with disabilities. Call or write the Department of Human Resources, Virginia Beach City Public Schools, 2512 George Mason Drive, P.O. Box 6038, Virginia Beach, VA 23456-0038. Telephone: (757) 263-1133 (voice); (757) 263-1240 (TDD) or email at: email@example.com.