WHO ARE WE?
Get to knowIndiana Digital Learning School (INDLS)!
K12 Produces Results
Indiana Digital Learning School
Behind the scenes
A Day in the life
K12, a Stride Company believes in education for Any One. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the Stride K12 partner school, Indiana Digital Learning School.We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of Indiana Digital Learning School is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
The Lead Teacher is a highly qualified, state certified teacher responsible for delivering specific course content in an on-line environment. Teachers provide instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students’ individual needs. Additionally, the Lead Teacher acts as a member of the school leadership team, and mentoring teachers and supporting virtual academy (VA) efforts to improve student performance. Essential Functions:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
OTHER Duties & Responsibilities:
- Functions as a member of the school leadership team; Manages/supervises and/or mentors teachers in the VA providing coaching and formal evaluation; Strives to proactively address identified needs and support VA efforts to improve student performance;
- Orients teachers, communicates requirements, sets and enforces deadlines, maintains regular office hours to support teachers and students; Understands how both diverse and unique characteristics of students and their families impact required support from both the homeroom teacher and the Lead teacher;
- Learns the entire K12 curriculum for assigned grade levels and is able to demonstrate knowledge of how state standards align with it; Augments course content according to prescribed policies and procedures using appropriate asynchronous and synchronous tools;
- Takes ownership for student’s academic progress and attendance, communicates high expectations and shows an active interest in student’s achievement by supporting the homeroom teachers in their efforts, establishes and maintains a positive rapport with families and teachers, conducts data driven conferences with teachers
- Supports teachers with curricular and instructional issues, balances the flexibility of the K12 curriculum with Academy policies and procedures,
- Lead Teachers focus on one or more ongoing tasks/projects related to managing school operations such as: recruiting/interviewing teaching candidates; training new teachers; implementing teacher evaluation processes; assisting with student-teacher matching; maintaining uniformity among teaching procedures; developing and implementing school policies/procedures; acting as a curriculum expert for a grade level/series of grade levels; coordinating aspects of testing readiness; assisting teachers in addressing low attendance and progress issues; preparing regular reports/facilitating communications; and assisting with marketing events.
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Assists with the development and implementation all policies and procedures related to teaching and learning;
- Helps develop and implement a data driven program design that has synergy with K12 curriculum;
- Collaborates with peers in order to provide a positive experience for students;
- Assists with the assurance that their direct reports meet all the standards and expectations outlined;
- Assists with the promotion of professional development of teachers through the implementation of Data Driven Instruction;
- Assists with the development and dissemination of “best practices” in the virtual school setting;
- Plans/implements data driven professional learning activities;
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve school performance goals;
- Serves as a liaison between parents and teachers along with the school administrative team;
- Presents and leads various meeting school department/team meetings;
- Travels to, participates and presents in regular staff meetings and professional development sessions;
- Maintains records regarding students in accordance with school policy and state requirements; prepares reports regarding students and classroom matters as directed.
Certificates and Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field AND
- Three (3) years of successful teaching experience including experience as a virtual teacher OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
: Appropriate state teaching certification. OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledgeable of state and charter school law and regulations
- Knowledgeable of the State Performance Standards
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experienced in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and able to learn specific student management system(s)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time for work as may be required for training, professional development, meetings, etc.
- Ability to pass required background check.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer. Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- This is a home based position. Must live inIndiana.