MSCR Elementary Enrichment Program Academic Coordinator
4100016116 Start Date:
09/13/2021 Open Date:
06/28/2021 Closing Date:
- Help make learning fun for our struggling learners!
- Develop lesson plans that support, practice, reinforce, or extend school day content and skills through hands-on, engaging after school-style projects and activities.
- Coordinators will plan for one or multiple groups and support program leaders with implementation and in-classroom facilitation of the lessons.
- Coordinators may also implement lesson plans dependent on the site.
- Fantastic experience for those pursuing teaching or current/ former teachers looking for "out of the box" instructional opportunities.
- Some bilingual Spanish positions are available for developing plans for Dual Language Immersion groups, as well.
Locations Vary Hours of work:
Hours vary FTE/Hours Per Week:
18.5 hours per week Salary:
$13.00/hr non-licensed - $18.70/hr licensed teacher.Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience and interest in working with children ages 5-12 from diverse backgrounds.
- Familiarity with Common Core State Standards.
- Understanding of inquiry-based learning and how literacy and math are taught in MMSD schools.
- Objective-based lesson planning experience, preferably infusing academic subjects.
- Creating and implementing lesson plans in a child care setting for Elementary aged students.
Other Information: Program locations:
- Prior experience working with elementary age children
- Experience planning and leading activities
- Bilingual in Spanish or Hmong a plus
- CPR certification
- First Aid training
Placement will be determined based upon program needs
Hours of work:
- NORTH: Mendota, Lindbergh, Sandburg
- EAST: Allis, Henderson, Hawthorne, Nuestro Mundo, Schenk
- WEST: Anana, Midvale
Programs run Monday-Thursday, Tuesday-Friday or Monday-Friday.
Hours vary by site. Must be available to start between 12:30-1:30pm Mondays and 2:00-3:00pm Tuesday-Friday, and stay until the end of the shift (5:30-6:00pm).For more information please contact Erica Pape, MSCR Elementary Recreation Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org , 608-204-6693Application Deadline:
Open Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer