MSCR Elementary After School/Enrichment Assistant Director
4100016115 Start Date:
08/23/2021 Open Date:
07/26/2021 Closing Date:
The Assistant Director (AD) is responsible for supporting the Site Director in the planning and daily operation of a childcare or academically-focused elementary after school program. The AD assists the Site Director with training, supervising, and evaluating all staff, students and volunteers on and off site. ADs help facilitate open communication with parents of program participants, participants, afterschool staff, school-day teachers and the building principal. ADs assist with establishing and ensuring a physically and emotionally safe program environment as well as offer guidance and support with participant behavior management techniques.
- Each site provides programming for approximately 50-150 students and hire Program Leaders at a 1:10 ratio. Classrooms typically have 15-20 students that are supervised by two Program Leaders.
- Each site has a leadership team that consists of one Director and 1-2 Assistant Directors.
- ADs work with an emphasis on providing support for staff related to behavior issues and classroom management.
- Assistant Directors acts as the main supervisor when the Site Director is off site.
- Assistant Directors assist the Director with office work, scheduling, supply purchasing and site organization.
- Assistant Directors assist with staff training and meeting facilitation.
Locations Vary Hours of work:
Hours vary FTE/Hours Per Week:
Up to 18.5 hours/week Salary:
$13.00/hourRequired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience working with children from diverse backgrounds
- Proven leadership and organizational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience working with school-age children
- Work as a team with Site Director & other Assistant Site Directors to develop and oversee program for elementary age children.
- Organize special events and field trips
- Train, support, supervise and evaluate program staff
- Assist program leaders with behavior management
- Communicate with parents as needed
- Assist with programming and supply coordination and organization
Experience training, supporting and supervising staff and/or volunteers
Other Information: Hours of Work:
- CPR and First Aid certification a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish or Hmong a plus
Programs run Monday-Thursday, Tuesday-Friday or Monday-Friday. Hours vary by site.
Must be available to start between 12:30-1:30pm Mondays and 2:00-3:00pm Tuesday-Friday, and stay until the end of the shift (5:30-6:00pm).Program Locations: (
Placement will be determined based upon program needs)
- NORTH: Mendota, Lake View, Lindbergh, Sandburg
- SOUTH: Lincoln
- EAST: Allis, Emerson, Henderson, Hawthorne, Lowell, Nuestro Mundo, Schenk
- WEST: Anana, Midvale, Orchard Ridge
For more information, please contact Erica Pape, MSCR Elementary Recreation Specialist at:
email@example.com , 608-204-6693Application Deadline:
Open Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer