MSCR Elementary After School/Enrichment Program Leader
4100016111 Start Date:
08/23/2021 Open Date:
07/26/2021 Closing Date:
Earn! Learn! Inspire! Make money while building your skills and touching the lives of a diverse group of lively, FUN, elementary students. This job is for creative, caring people with tons of energy, patience, and love for all things "kid"- crafts, sports, games, reading and more! Make a difference for kids who needs extra adult support and role models. Fantastic experience for those pursuing teaching, social work, etc. Some bilingual Spanish positions are available in leading Dual Language Immersion groups, as well.
- Program leaders are responsible for planning and implementing all activities within the afternoon program, managing a classroom of students, addressing issues with behavior as they arise, creating a fun and engaging environment for all participants. This position will support students from kindergarten to 5th grade.
- Program Leaders will supervisor their classroom on all field trips that include swimming, splash pads, and environmental activities.
- Program Leaders are hired at a 1:10 ratio. Classrooms typically have 15-20 students that are supervised by two Program Leaders.
- Each site has a leadership team that consists of one Director and one or two Assistant Directors who provide support for staff related to behavior issues and classroom management.
- Program Leaders typically arrive 30-45mins before the start of the program to prepare for the day and check-in with their co-leader and supervisors.
- Program Leaders act as the main supervisor for their group of students during programming
Attend training and prepare for program
Plan, prepare for and lead recreation and enrichment activities for elementary-age children at school sites
Supervise indoor and outdoor activities and field trips (this includes swimming during some field trips)
Keep students safe and accounted for at all times
Work as a team with other program staff to carry out responsibilities
Support students of all abilities ensuring an inclusive environment
Maintain a clean and organized classroom and site
Interact with parents as needed
Other duties as assigned
Locations Vary Hours of work:
Hours vary FTE/Hours Per Week:
Up to 18.5 hours/week Salary:
$12.00/hr Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Prior experience working with children required, preferably from diverse backgrounds.
- Must have proven dependability, teamwork, leadership skills, flexibility and enthusiasm to participate in all aspects of program.
- Prior experience working with children
Other Information: Program locations:
- Prior experience working with elementary age children
- Experience planning and leading activities
- Bilingual in Spanish or Hmong a plus
- CPR certification
- First Aid training
Placement will be determined based upon program needs
Hours of work:
- NORTH: Mendota, Lake View, Lindbergh, Sandburg
- SOUTH: Lincoln
- EAST: Allis, Emerson, Henderson, Hawthorne, Lowell, Nuestro Mundo, Schenk WEST: Anana, Midvale, Orchard Ridge
Anana, Hawthorne, Henderson, Lowell, Mendota:
Mondays 12:30pm, Tue-Fri 2:00pm
Allis, Emerson, Lincoln, Midvale, Nuestro Mundo, Schenk: Mondays 1:15pm, Tue-Fri 2:45pm
Orchard Ridge, Lindbergh:
Mondays 1:30pm, Tue-Fri 3:00pm
Lake View, Sandburg:
Mondays 2pm, Tue-Fri 3:30pm
- End times: Programs end at either 5:30pm or 5:45pm
For more information, please contact: Erica Pape, MSCR Elementary Recreation Specialist, empape @madison.k12.wi.us , 608-204-6693Application Deadline:
Open Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer