Job Title Teacher, Businsess / Marketing Location Sterling, VA, US Organization Name Dominion High School Department Description Dominion High School Brief Description The Teacher plans, designs, implements and assesses an appropriate instructional program in a high school environment that guides and encourages a diverse group of students at all levels to develop and fulfill their academic potential. The Teacher designs learning experience, monitors student progress and presents the information to parents, develops assessments, creates and reinforces classroom expectations, works with school administration to prepare students for a variety of assessments, and manages and supports students outside the classroom, such as in school hallways, field trips, after school activities, etc.
Detailed Description At the high school level, the Teacher may be assigned to teach students from ninth through twelfth grade. The high school students are transitioning from adolescence to young adulthood and preparing for life after high school. Teachers are expected to promote an environment that is challenging, equitable, empowering, and developmentally responsive. The teacher helps build on the fundamentals of middle school and prepares students through a variety of curriculum pathways available to support the transition beyond high school. The Teacher motivates students in the content and competencies of the courses, creating learning experiences that are authentic, engaging, rigorous and relevant.
Roles and Responsibilities
The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to
the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed
• Establishes a safe and supportive environment that is conducive to learning and enables each student to
demonstrate agency, ownership, and reflection.
• Designs and implements authentic and engaging learning experiences using the Virginia Standards of Learning,
LCPS curriculum, and effective strategies to maximize student achievement using a variety of instructional
• Designs authentic and engaging learning experiences using a variety of resources and Technology to promote the
development of critical thinking, collaboration, and problem solving.
• Personalizes instruction based upon the needs of students and manages time to maximize student learning
• Assesses student growth as related to educational goals, objectives, and outcomes.
• Adheres to LCPS Assessment and Grading policy and guidelines.
• Analyzes assessment data to refine teaching and learning experiences and inform instructional practices.
• Continually communicates with students and parents/guardians to keep them informed of the students' their progress in meeting instructional objectives.
• Manages the behavior of learners in an instructional setting to ensure that the environment is conducive to
learning; assists and participates in managing student behavior in other parts of the school, center, school
grounds, or work site.
• Plans instructional activities with other professional staff, both school- and non-school-based, to maximize learning opportunities.
• Supports colleagues, students, parents and community stakeholders to promote student learning and student
mastery of content and competencies.
• May direct the work of teacher assistants, student teachers, and volunteers to provide an effective learning environment.
• Participates actively in the school's professional learning community, as appropriate, to deepen the understanding of curriculum, content, and competencies and to create assessments that measure lesson/unit mastery.
Job Requirements Below are the qualifications for this position:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
• Holds or eligible for a Virginia teaching license, with an endorsement in appropriate subject area
• Demonstrated knowledge of subject content, curriculum, and methodology of effective teaching
• Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional programs
• Skilled in the use of multi-media and computer Technology to enhance learning
• Ability to establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with students, peers, administrators, and parents
• Demonstrated skill in oral and written communications; excellent human relations skills
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Additional Details Teacher Salary Scale
Position is 7 hours per day.
The Loudoun County School Board seeks to cultivate a high performing team of professionals focused on its mission and goals. The School Board values merit and excellence within its workforce and encourages the highest levels of professionalism for all its employees.
The School Board also recognizes and values the diversity of the students and broader community it serves and encourages diversity within its workforce.
The Loudoun County School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The School Board does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of actual or perceived race, national origin, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, age, religion, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any basis protected by law.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Assistant Superintendent for Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Loudoun County Public Schools
21000 Education Court
Ashburn, VA 20148
How To Apply To submit an application online, please select "Apply Now"To be considered for the vacancy, please complete ALL sections of the application.
will not be accepted in lieu
of a completed application Please be sure to upload the following:
- Three (3) current professional references (Name, phone number, email address). At least one reference should be a current supervisor or most recent supervisor.
- College Transcripts
- Copy of your teaching license (if applicable)
- Test Scores (if applicable)
Interview Date School Year SY_2021-2022 School Year 2021-2022 Job Type Licensed Closing Date Contract or Assignment Days/Hours Per Day 197 days / 7 hours Amount of Travel
Refresh Detach Attach
Skill Minimum Level Maximum Level Desirability No results found.