Job Title Technician, Safety & Security (Systems) PT Location Leesburg, VA, US Organization Name Safety & Security Department Description Safety & Security Brief Description This is skilled work and system administration in installation, maintenance, and repair of surveillance camera and digital recording systems equipment, electronic access control systems, security and fire alarm systems, and similar devices. The employee is responsible for setup, diagnosing equipment problems, making minor repairs, and instructing others in the use and operation of the equipment. The employee initializes and services electronic surveillance cameras and companion digital recording equipment, fire and security alarm systems, and electronic access control systems that receive daily use and which must be maintained in good working condition. This position focuses on the administration and daily maintenance of the access control system. The work is performed according to manufacturers' technical information and standard service practices of the security surveillance and access control trade and state law.
Detailed Description The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed appropriate:
• Diagnoses security surveillance equipment problems using reference materials and computer software.
• Trains employees on the use of electronic control equipment and security surveillance systems.
• Communicates/coordinates with vendors, school administration, School Board administrative offices, and school bus transportation office.
• Administers and provides initial setup of security cameras, digital surveillance recorders, and electronic access control systems including card access and video entry.
• Builds complex mapping for security systems.
• Integrates complex security, cctv, and access control systems.
Job Requirements Below are the qualifications for this position:
• High School diploma or GED required
• Three years of experience in the security or electronic trade
• Ability to manage inventory and parts control
• Working knowledge of security surveillance camera, recording equipment installation and repair procedures, electronic access control equipment installation and repair procedures, electrical hazards and safety precautions, fire and security alarm systems equipment troubleshooting, and minor service repair and maintenance
• Ability to read technical manuals and demonstrate the use and operation of equipment
• Experience with setup and managing access control and security systems.
• Experience with CAD software
• Valid driver's license
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. The employee must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Additional Details Banded Level 13
The Loudoun County School Board seeks to cultivate a high performing team of professionals focused on its mission and goals. The School Board values merit and excellence within its workforce and encourages the highest levels of professionalism for all its employees.
The School Board also recognizes and values the diversity of the students and broader community it serves and encourages diversity within its workforce.
The Loudoun County School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The School Board does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of actual or perceived race, national origin, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, age, religion, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any basis protected by law.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Assistant Superintendent for Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Loudoun County Public Schools
21000 Education Court
Ashburn, VA 20148
How To Apply To submit an application online, please select "Apply Now"To be considered for the vacancy, please complete ALL sections of the application.
will not be accepted in lieu
of a completed application.
Please be sure to upload the following:
- Three (3) current professional references (Name, phone number, email address). At least one reference should be a current supervisor or most recent supervisor.
Interview Date School Year SY_2021-2022 School Year 2021-2022 Job Type Part Time Closing Date Contract or Assignment Days/Hours Per Day Amount of Travel
Refresh Detach Attach
Skill Minimum Level Maximum Level Desirability No results found.